Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Corolla SR5
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of the Twin loop mugen style muffler? (Here is am example of one at the top on the right side http://www.dcsports.com/product_exhaust.asp ) I am ready to redo my exhaust system and I have everything else picked out except the muffler. I think the Twin loop design would be best because it has the flow of a straight through muffler without all of the noise. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
i donno about the noise.... straight from the ad:

Exhaust gases are routed sequentially through twin straight-through muffler cores for an intense growl that does not exceed 95 dB exhaust noise restriction requirements*

*Please refer to the application chart or call (310) 484-2322 for more information

this to me is saying "in most cases it meets the noise requirements" which means when it does, at <95dB its still really loud, like i said id talk to someone who has one or listen to one yourself

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I hate to say it, but if you're still running the stock SR5 engine in there, you probably won't see any gains from having a straight through flowing muffler instead of a regular style one. You'll probably see better results from a 'turbo' style muffler with bigger inlet/outlet/guts, since it'll boost power in a range that your engine will see more often. Plus it'll be quieter, and not be a major heat score.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts