Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 Corolla LE. Was looking for body side moulding, rear bumper protector and mud guards online.

Trdsparks.com has 2 different part numbers for each of these. For example PT29A-02095-04 & 00016-12970-04 for body side moulding desert sand. The second one is cheaper.

What is the difference between these 2? I already asked trdsparks via email, but thought post here as well.

Thanks.

·
Boy Wonder
2009 MG Corolla S
949 Posts
Just a guess, but maybe they sell the front door molding and the back door molding seperately? The back piece would be a little cheaper since it's smaller.

·
30YRTOYOTAPARTSEXPERINCE
04 Camry; 09 Sienna
1,237 Posts
The PT29A is a Toyota OEM moulding Kit. The 00016 is a moulding kit provided by Southeast Toyota Distributorship which has an exclusive distributor ship to 5 states, FL, GA, NC, SC, and AL. Therefore, they can offer accessories to their dealers(trdsparks and my dealership belong to) which they make or contract out to have made. Now, both are equally the same, in my opinion, and both will have the same warranty, except, that the PT29A will come with a nationwide warranty, whereas the 00016 one won't. If you don't plan on leaving any of these five states, well no problem, but, if you live out of one of these states and are buying online, I'd go for the PT29A.

That is the difference in a nut shell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts