Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All! As the (misspelled) title suggests...

1. Anybody know why some of the blue interior plastic trim pieces (steering column piece, coin holders, etc.) fade to an almost tan color. My truck has this and I have seen this on numerous T100s for sale online...just curious :D

2. Anyone know the DC outlet (cigarette lighter) ouput in watts (continuous) for the T100s? I am looking to get a power inverter with DC and AC outlets w/USB kinda like this one http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=17927, and it would help me decide what type (plug-in vs. direct-to-battery) to get. I want to be able to power my Sirius radio :D(DC), charge a phone, and power a laptop. This would mostly be done on road trips (engine running). I am unsure of the laptops requirements, but it should be like most and use under 100W.

And to sneak in another question...If I get a plug-in inverter without a built-in DC outlet, can a 2- or 3-way outlet splitter be used (one for the Sirius, one for the inverter) without any ill effect?

I ideally want to go with a plug-in type for ease-of-use and portability (we won't always use the truck for road trips), but will go the battery connection route if neccessary:bleh:.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I am going to attmep to answer my own question (no. 2). I picked up an inverter (same as the one in the link). I will post if it works or not.

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Power inverter question answered. The cig lighter outlet will power a laptop quite well. Road trip time!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts