Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma SR5 c
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search and found that several on the board have used the Hidden Hitch and the Toyota OEM receiver hitches. U-Haul has a Class III receiver hitch for $119.95 (and only charge $18 for installation) - was wondering if anyone has had this hitch mounted and how it looks. Main use of the hitch is for pulling a light weight pop-up camper.

TIA,

Ed W.
Universal City, TX

·
Registered
06 Access Cab
62 Posts
I believe that Uhaul hitches are made by Valley. I'm not sure but the hitch I saw at Uhaul look exactly like my Valley hitch. I couldn't find a Uhaul to install a hitch for less than 40 bucks and with tax it was cheaper to buy from E-trailer. Maybe someone on here will know for sure.

Uhaul installed a hitch on my 02 Santa Fe and it performed flawless.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma SR5 c
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bill,

Thanks for the offer but think that I'm just going to drive over to U-Haul tomorrow and have them install the hitch for me. For <$20 for the installation, it's not worth it to me to have to crawl under the truck and do the install myself. I've had U-Haul receiver hitches in the past on other vehicles and never a problem. Just hope that it doesn't hang down too far.
Highway, I'll ask at U-Haul if their hitches are from Valley and see what they say.

Ed W.

·
Registered
06 Access Cab
62 Posts
If you can do find out. I talked with a couple of different Uhauls in my area and even called the 800 number. Nobody could/would tell me who made it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I got a uhaul hitch for my previous tow vehicle. It's a good quality hitch and bolts right in. You can do it yourself quite easily. Besides, do you really want to trust their minimum wage guy to do the wiring properly?

·
Registered
06 tacoma double cab
4 Posts
I've got a u-haul hitch on my taco install is easy, and the $118 price is good I paid $148 CAD for mine. Mine didn't come with wiring but I got a no cut 4 wire harness online for $50 that plugs in behind the tail lights. It looks fine everything except the reciver is hidden behind the bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts