Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 161 Posts

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Visited Lidl (UK big discounter store) yesterday and scored two tins of their highly regarded BAUFIX paint.

1 tin of Anthracite & 1 of Silver.

Spending some of my birthday Amazon card I also popped for 4x Tins of this:-

23UKpounds delivered, and arrived at 11AM thismorning.... couldn't have walked to the shop sooner!!

That will be sill ends sprayed up (Anthracite might be just the job for them) and a good slosh INSIDE too! :wink:

..... if it ever stops raining

2sav

·
chrome won't get you home
2012 Corolla
2,485 Posts
Yeah it sucks. I've been a member since 2012 and all of a sudden BAM! 5 years worth of pictures gone down the drain. But clearly the worst thing is the loss of pictures in MANY old DIY write-ups. Some of the guys who wrote them have been inactive for years, I highly doubt they'll come back to reupload their pictures. You know what they say, a picture is worth a thousand words and

:nopics:

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
RIGHT!!!! PhotoBlockit...

As this is my latest car fredd... I have a 9yr diary on Proton Owners Club UK 'Buy a Savvy.. See the World!' which is now toast :frown:

I am rehosting my piccies here & see if we can carry on :nerd:

FFS >:D

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Yes it's like the destruction of the Library of Alexandria all over again haha! What a nightmare.
I have all the piccies [to view on this thread] in a folder on the PC. I'm currently uploading the whole lot (169 relating to my Carina2) onto Flickr and then will just re-link them.

If PB has a reality-check moment.... then the Web can return in its own sweet time :wink:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Oily 'n' greasy the way I like em ;)
....errr, Wet 'n Wild m8.... Just been hosed off :smile:

Currently re-linking the thread images with flickr. :nerd:

* FWIW >> I am finding the odd image ('blanked box' Photobucket) on my PB page - opening the image in a new tab - saving the image [you can now see it] to my desktop and then re-loading that image to flickr. This is because some were direct off my phone & not backed up to the PC :crying:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well..... I'll admit it!

My handy local garage will be refilling my tranny on Thursday AM. I cannot be arsed with rolling around under the car, wrestling with recalcitrant drain plugs + having foul smelling tranny oil run up my sleeve....:disappoin

I will give them my 3x1L bottles of GL4 and just wait outside >> first job up the 4post. :clap:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Dropped off at 08:27..... 25 mins tops!! :smile:

@20UKPound !! (my own oil)

Beats the hell out of gravel rash... AND some fairly intense windy gun action on something or other... mebbies the undertray... that would have meant even more hassles :surprise:

Winnah

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
We have been together just coming up a YEAR :smile:

This is a fab car* & I relish the prospect of many more years at the wheel.

*Celica owners (same floorpan underneath) will understand :wink:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
These Celicas have the same Caliper carrier/1pot Caliper [same distance between bolt holes] as my Carina 2 (T171 = Corona/Celica).

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=343568

... hmmmm :chug:

Same 57MM piston bore (same foot pressure) but nearly twice the friction area....

Scare up some 4 Hole Discs & could be a Goerr [STOPPER actually..!!] :nerd:

Bummer, then, you chaps 'n chapesses won't find this brake set-up in US cars >:D

.... I will do more investigations, eh?

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Someone (on another forum I post) saw me 'cruising' at Whitley Bay [near the famous Spanish City - for Dire Straits fans] and snapped me!

... glad it was clean :surprise:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Had a run out to the Scottish Borders... Quite Literally, see here!

@ Carter Bar.

Lovely car to just 'cruise out' in.... :grin:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Decided to 'smarten up' my Exhaust....

... as I hope it will look!

We will see....

* this is a different one + perfect fit on pipe :smile:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

I have screwed this onto my stick-shifter......

HOWEVER.... I'm drawing up short of fitting a 'matching set'... Oh no-no-no-no :surprise:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
The Carina II passed its 'annual roadworthy test' [U.K. MOT] yesterday, with no side notes/advisories! :laugh:

However, the garage - they did some servicing - noted that my radiator is missing most of the cooling gills (sign of extreme old age) and my front exhaust is looking a bit 'frilly'...

I have bought, off the web, a brand new Corolla radiator [fits mine] for 18UKPounds & delivery inc (7 days).

My local exhaust dealer (who fitted my Landsail tyres) will do the front section for 125UKPounds... & make it FIT!!

2sav

41 - 60 of 161 Posts