Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 161 Posts

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
My 'stock' front exhaust section was dropped into the fitting bay thisafternoon....

Guy already has my two 'olives' + gaskets... ready 2 roll :smile:

All set for 2PM tomorrow.

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
.... got the Exhaust pipe fitted... No Problems.

Business end of headder...

UNFORTUNATELY (fortunately..!) the fitter was their MOT [Vehicle Inspection Test] guy....

.... he wasn't too enamoured of this lot! The fuel lines [front ones in this picture] are fubarred but not a 'fail' for the Test...

His advice is to track back under the plastic cover, along the floor >> back a foot (pipes are not corroded) >> and get a section of new brake pipe joined/running back to the rear end. He did note that the pipes must be 'correctly restrained/clipped' per factory [good as..] so I better be careful with the plastic clips.

Will inquire at my garage, when the radiator is fitted on Thursday. :crying:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
... In for radiator fitting just now - but I'm being 'squeezed in' for the brake & fuelly line replacement :wink:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
... though this is listed as for an 'automatic trans' E9x model >> it fits real neat!! :nerd:

sadly not time for pipe repairs... Back in Monday :smile:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Garage have replaced the rear sections of brake lines and replaced the short piece of fuel line. :smile:

The total charge, for swapping out the Rad [I gave them] + Antifreeze mix & Labour on pipes/materials + Bleeding off....

60 UKPounds! :laugh:

... they are a great bunch of lads....

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
... and here is the finished job... cut & joined to replace weak corroded sections.

.... Feel much happier with 'Good Metal' under my foot/floor!! :smile:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
... trying this 'cheappo' gasket, on the cam box leak.

13 UKPounds, including the tube of non-setting Blue Hylomar.

Will report back.... :nerd:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
We have just returned from a short trip - 275 miles - across the other side of the country (ha ha - not a US 'coast to coast'!).

I discovered my passenger rear tyre had a slow so, upon getting home again, I called at my local tyre guy and he found two little nails (like picture frame pins) in it...

He also declared my Brand New exhaust was leaking/chuffing sounds??

He put us up on the ramp and found the 2into1 Y was a failed weld... He is ordering a FOC replacement.

He hasn't charged for the plug repairs... and might squash the charge for 'inconvenience' over the Ex :wink:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
Hooray.... The tyre/exhaust guy waived the charge, for the tyre repairs, as I have been messed about over the muffler fault.

My contact in Ireland has sorted a replacement plastic grille & it is coming over by courier end of next week.
The grille on my car has been broken since I got it... And there are no breaker cars to be found about my area. Net 'searches' nationally found one but way.. way.. too pricey :surprise:

Another 'irritation' /snagg ticked off my list.... :grin:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
When I had my Annual Test [UK = M.O.T] I had the two ribbed belts replaced.

The other day, just as I started up - in the dark and cold - the belts were squealing and my PAS was very jerky/kickback!

I have contacted my garage and they will [Free of Charge] recheck the tension/adjust tomorrow morning - as I wait in the office.

Top Dollari service..... :smile:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
My grille arrived yesterday...

Unpackaged and wiped over with degreaser. Will be painting and fitting up in the next day or so :smile:

.... you can see, here, why I'm up for a 'good used' replacement.. :frown:

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
.... Since getting my car I have had no "Number 1 Speed" on the fan selector.

Thismorning I lost "Number 2 Speed"... :frown:

This leaves me with Noisy No.3 or Howling No.4 :panic:

Extensive Webhunting has produced some sobering facts... :eek:

Orig Part 87138-20130 (Carina2/Corona/Camry) around 50UKpounds.

Some breakers, claiming 'good used' [like..Yeah!], around 20UKpounds.

....... being a bit of a 'leftfield' guy, I looked further into what was out there.

I FOUND SOMETHING !!

Honda Civic/Rover 200/25... around 7UKpounds :nerd:

.... looking at them both, you might agree, not a lot of modding will have the Civic part in place of the Toyota one?

I will report back....

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I got the new resistor via Amazon locker today.

Trunking

.... found the old one under the glovebox.

As Bought

Difference

Reshaped

About 15 minutes with the hacksaw + hand file got the new one cut down to the profile of the old one. It is a sort of bakelite/cuts like chocolate with a sharp hacksawblade :wink:

Need to drill securing hole and whack it all back in......

Well impressed, I am...

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
Attempted to refit new/modded part but I couldnt get the 'slot in' end to fit.... resorted to Pro-Mech measures - fettled with 'extreme prejudice' ;)

..... straight in/do up screw/ IGN 'On'... & whoosh (in 4 different flavours) :nerd:

Happy man

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
Carina2 1991
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
We have had some bad frost the last couple of days and I discovered my passenger side wiper blade was split completely away from the arm, likely frozen to glass! :frown:

My local factors were able to supply a pair for me... 5 UKpounds. QH branded so not rubbish! :smile:

Standard Jap spec. arms have 2 hole mount for wiper assemblies >> my car has the 'Euro std' mod, a little bracket screwed on to accept 'hairgrip' U type.

Normal wiper action restored.....

2sav

61 - 80 of 161 Posts