·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #141

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)

Yesterday I found the car to have a fuel leak.
It is the small bore tank return, from the mech pump.

Thismorning, I dropped in to A V Taylor, parts guys, 9AM...

3ft 3/16" flexi fuel pipe £uk3.50
2x 12MM screw clamps £uk1.50

...my MOT garage @9:15 >> 20min wait *+£uk10 contribution to the staff 'Xmas fund'!

£uk15 and home :wink:

Opinions were the old rubber hose was goosed.

*and no, not DIY job as I hate fuel up my armpit!!

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I have had a good think about my 'auto choke' and the rats nest of vac tubing that goes with it....

I have had years of manual choke type cars and I'm suspicious of the Auto mech - is it completely opening everytime? The car sometimes runs like a total pig - fluffing, stuttering and stalls at junctions... Quick restart and runs great = Suspicious!

I'm replacing the T-handle pull with a button type knob.

I will slice the threaded foot off and araldite 30mm Button onto T stub end :smile:

Plenty of pictures when I do the install. I have ordered 10x 3mm rubber caps, to blank off any vac ports.

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Yesterday I popped the trim off above the pedals, looking to pick up on the wiring to install my 'plip locking' kit. The loom is very densly wrapped as it exits the door boot, into footwell.... I couldn't see any way of picking out the 'locking wiring' easily.

Plan B :
I think I'm going to run 2 wires up into the actual rocker switch base >> these will take the signals down, through the door jamb boot, and then into the control box.
Bit of a faff BUT no loom chopping!

Do it all another day.... Bloominn freezing here, this time of year!

One of my sidelights went off - 5W T10 - luckily I found one in an old Ring bulb kit, from the bottom of my spares box. I had to twist the holder with an OE spanner, inserted behind the headlight void.. Horizontally.. as the space is bare big enough for a childs hand.

All sorted now :nerd:

Anyone had long test of LED T10 type bulbs (NO..not jazzy BLUE ones)?

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Long term, yes.

I have seen LEDs on here, and a chassis set listed by code number.

Its more about sourcing... Quality vs Cheappo?

To be honest I'm quite taken by the use in the roof light.... Seems properly bright :grin:

2sav

·
Toyota Collector
11,835 Posts

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)

My rear speakers have the 'clip retainer' for the trim cover as part of the cone chassis - like in vid above.

I'm looking to replace the speakers and will be cutting the cone part off, enabling me to retain the 'stock' speaker fabric cover.

RearSpeaker_below

RearSpeaker_above

Nothing ever straightforward with old skool Toyyos :wink:

Ahhhh..

Cone_chopped

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
My front pipe/flexi [replaced last year] sounded like it was 'futta futta futta...' blowing.

Took it back to the ATS dealer = failed flexi joint.....

Warranty Replacement :laugh:

..... there wasn't one available stocked anywhere so 'special order' being welded up just for me.

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #156

DoubleChargerVolts

This has a nice, cool Blue glow. Here (engine running) it gives a fair reflection of Charging Volts too!

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
My centre exhaust link pipe has rotted out, just on the joint at the rear.

My local shop couldn't source a part.... So.... Ebay hunt begun!

Found one for NotMuch£ and delivery included hopefully Wed 28th

My shop is fitting it and hopefully not too much labour charge.

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
When getting the centre link pipe replaced (big success) we spotted a leak on the front pipe/manifold joint. The shop has replaced this pipe 3 times due to Warranty faults (not down to their work). The fitter last told me "these fine thread Toyota studs can easily strip" and [presumably] didn't heave them up tight.... So now they are blown.

The shop manager is ordering 3 new studs + nuts and will extract the old ones (gastorch ftw) and refit it all for me.

The lads at the ATS depot are really great and always like to have some 'older iron' on the lift.

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Studs now 'on site'...

My slot is 14:00 Saturday.... They need some leeway on the ramp as it may be a quickkie [unscrew them] or slowwie [snap & drill out] :(

2sav

·
Brit, in Bitz!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Well.... Job done!

2 hours of heating with the Oxy torch & teasing/twisting back and forth.

Shop put it through 'NO CHARGE' as they failed to sort this originally (it has been back for 3 Warranty down pipes).

Promised them a tray of Bud, makes up for all that hot work whilst looking up! :)

2sav

141 - 160 of 161 Posts