Toyota Nation Forum banner

Ultra racing front strut tower brace

5345 Views 54 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  4doorsmorewhores
For those of you curious, the ultra racing front strut tower brace for the 8th Gen Camry looks and fits great. Super well built one piece brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
397 Posts
Though the stock one there is a formed steel, definitely improve, but the aftermarket there one would more directly transfer energy. Might not be as noticable without really putting one through the paces with vs without.

· Registered
2021 Toyota Camry XSE V6
1,062 Posts
I just went outside and took a look under the hood...it is indeed a piece of metal and the plastic cowl rests over it, so it looks like a part of the cowl when it’s actually a strut brace.

So, seeing that I already have one (and so does the car in OP’s video), wouldn’t this ultra racing strut brace be redundant and unnecessary, or marginally better at best?

· Banned
Corolla, Camry, Tundra, Camry, Avalon, Highlander, Venza, Highlander
4,331 Posts
These work great. But, you need a pulse to notice the difference. Most zombies wouldn't notice. Factory bracing is a joke.

The only issue I have is that those nuts should be torqued to spec. So, get a torque wrench, loosen them, and torque them correctly.

· 2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its a strut brace.
It’s a stamped piece of steel. If you think it’s going to provide any type of bracing or rigidity you’re mistaken. However, I got the UR brace more for looks than anything. The car would need to be pushed rather hard in a track setting to notice any type of difference

· 2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
These work great. But, you need a pulse to notice the difference. Most zombies wouldn't notice. Factory bracing is a joke.

The only issue I have is that those nuts should be torqued to spec. So, get a torque wrench, loosen them, and torque them correctly.
Meh...good and tight works in this instance. It’s not like we’re torquing down a head that requires a certain sequence and spec. For those that are curious, the spec is 37 ftlbs

· 2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, many Camrys (Gen 5 for example) have came with this style brace from the factory. I pulled this one from a pick and pull off of an 05-06 XLE V6 for my 02 at the time

· Registered
397 Posts
Without any science, there is no way you can say an aftermarket brace is better than the Factory brace.
Well, science says metal flexes no matter the load. So a more rigid material profile of thicker HSS vs formed plate will flex less (assuming similar overall width) plus lastly the direct vs offset crossover would also make more rigidity as strut load would transfer more directly.

Science can show it is better. It is how noticable it would be that cannot be assumed.

· Registered
536 Posts
Well, science says metal flexes no matter the load. So a more rigid material profile of thicker HSS vs formed plate will flex less (assuming similar overall width) plus lastly the direct vs offset crossover would also make more rigidity as strut load would transfer more directly.

Science can show it is better. It is how noticable it would be that cannot be assumed.
All assumptions without proof.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts