Toyota Nation Forum banner

Ultra racing front strut tower brace

5347 Views 54 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  4doorsmorewhores
For those of you curious, the ultra racing front strut tower brace for the 8th Gen Camry looks and fits great. Super well built one piece brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
You are so correct, the proof is having it on your car and knowing the difference before and after. The ultra racing front strut tower brace is a major difference in performance. I also just added a Rear Sway Bar from Ultra Racing and the difference is amazing. Major stability difference in corners as well as in high winds (as we had this week in FL from hurricane) is worth the install. I researched the TRD bar and had no luck verifying they would fit. May have paid a bit more for UR bar but they are a perfect fit and use stock bushings and brackets.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

· Registered
1,408 Posts
The TRD rear sway bar is a direct swap, should be $200 or less for the bar and bushings. Upgrading the rear sway bar helps keep the car flatter through turns, improves the initial turn-in response of the car while entering a corner, and can introduce oversteer in some cases. I posted install instructions here: What did you do to your Gen 8 Camry today?

Strut bars are a useless mod on the Camry (unless you have an L/LE/XLE) as I explained here. If you bought it for looks, awesome. But any driving difference you feel is placebo. Spend that $250 on something else like upgrading the rear sway bar and the three chassis braces.

· Registered
8 Posts
how hard to install . should i take it somewhere with a lift to get it put. how much of a difference compared to the stock one
The install went smoothly. Perfect fit and a simple to install. Not something I would want to do without a lift! OK maybe if I was 30 again. “Tip” is to take off wheel to remove the bar. Test drive proves to be way more responsive, nimble and well balanced.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Car
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle

· Registered
165 Posts
Read it and go buy a STB. Camrys’ Understeer by design so a rear STB Would actually be a good idea.

ALSO-an ADJUSTABLE STB ALLOWS YOU TO PRE-LOAD.

The thickness of the stiffening braces under the SE is 1mm. The TRD braces are 3mm. Things like thickness/ design/ metal type/ solid vs stamped/ etc matters. To what extent depends. Buy what you want. So research if you want performance, don’t, if you don’t want to spend money or or don’t want to know the answer. A strut tower bar is a “tier 3” item to me. When I have tier 3 money free. I’ll grab one but that’s just me. For reference a “tier 1” item would be springs or tires. I have a ADHD maybe.

opinions aren’t science. Strut tower braces improve rigidity. We are all driving unibody flexiframe cars. Maybe someone should hook up a “system” test that will scratch or make marks to show the flex of the towers in a hard turn to see. I’d be curious.

· Registered
165 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
LOL. An aftermarket strut tower brace is A COMPLETE AND UTTER WASTE OF MONEY in a Camry.

Buy it if you think it looks pretty, and enjoy. But please do not suggest that you're getting better handling than what is already provided by the black brace that the Toyota engineers put in there to begin with.

...oh, and be sure to add a cold air intake, some JDM decals and a seatbelt cozy too. :LOL::ROFLMAO::p🤣
The above post is less than productive. Toyota has a lot of different reasons why they design how they do. Performance is just ONE factor.

· Registered
224 Posts
You are so correct, the proof is having it on your car and knowing the difference before and after. The ultra racing front strut tower brace is a major difference in performance. I also just added a Rear Sway Bar from Ultra Racing and the difference is amazing. Major stability difference in corners as well as in high winds (as we had this week in FL from hurricane) is worth the install. I researched the TRD bar and had no luck verifying they would fit. May have paid a bit more for UR bar but they are a perfect fit and use stock bushings and brackets. View attachment 400978
Will this work with an AWD XSE model?

41 - 55 of 55 Posts