Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 4R and I'm trying setup my Toyota App Remote Services for auto start feature etc. and at the stage where it says follow the instructions to activate my account.

However when following the instructions I do not see 'Communications' listed in step #3 below. Has anyone seen this before or knows how to activate this?

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of the Accessories Manual.
Accessories, Audio, and Navigation
Toyota 2021 Model Year Audio, Multimedia, and Connected Services Getting Started
Yes I had to download the app and setup my account. Then got an email with instructions to activate. However I do not see 'Communications' when I click on App button on the multimedia screen.

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,175 Posts
Is what they sent you different from what the owners manual states?
They sure seem adamant that's what your screen looks like. Someone should chime in soon since they'll see activity on your thread!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE/RESOLVED

I called Toyota Connected Service support and they said this is a technical issue but the tech department is closed today (Sunday). They suggested to call the SOS by pressing the SOS button in the car and they were able to activate my remote start service.

I still need to call the tech department tomorrow to see why the 'Communications' settings is missing in the multimedia screen.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE 6Cyl.
567 Posts
I have a 2021 4R and I'm trying setup my Toyota App Remote Services for auto start feature etc. and at the stage where it says follow the instructions to activate my account.

However when following the instructions I do not see 'Communications' listed in step #3 below. Has anyone seen this before or knows how to activate this?

View attachment 366568
I just received my 2022 Offroad Premium, and I was told that my vehicle does not have remote services. I can't believe it !!!!!!!! I mean really??????. I also tried to perform a remote start with my key fob, and the lights just blink......NO START.
The only Services my App is showing are :
1. Safety Connect
2. Destination Assist
3. WiFi Connect

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE 6Cyl.
567 Posts
Not sure if this helps you guys but my 22 required me to plug in my phone directly into the usb port for the head unit. It immediately did an update from the app and now I have all the missing features.
What year and model 4-Runner do you have? after the update, do you have remote start, and vehicle locator? I have a 22' ORP. I will try plugging the cable in and see if that works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts