Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rarely do I activate the navigation. Bought this XLE just a few months ago (5k miles) and could have sworn the nav worked fine; but can not be positive. Anyway, tried to activate it and the screen showed "unable to read SD card". Upon checking, there was no SD card installed.

Bought a new card, installed it, in the direction shown in the owner's manual and still get the reading "can not read the SD card".

Any ideas on what the problem may be?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The original owner or dealership has removed the SD card with all of the map info on it you will need to go to your local dealer to purchase a replacement, or inquire as to why it was not there.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The original owner or dealership has removed the SD card with all of the map info on it you will need to go to your local dealer to purchase a replacement, or inquire as to why it was not there.
As I stated in my original post, "bought a new card, installed it, in the direction shown in the owner's manual and still get the reading "can not read the SD card".

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved. I removed the SD card and re-installed. As soon as I turned on the power, the new software started to install. Everything is OK.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts