Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 2007 corolla S not long ago and I just noticed that under the trunk carpet, there's nothing but the spare tire. No jacks, no nothing. Lesson learned: next time when buying a car, look under the trunk!

Currently the trunk sags whenever I put something heavy in. What am i missing? Am I missing the styrofoam retainer and a board cover? Can I get these from an OEM toyota parts supplier?

Also do the 16 inch wheels use the same size lug nuts as the 15's? Since I have no jack either, I'm thinking about buying a new corolla set, but was just wondering if it they have different sets available(i have the 16 inch wheels).

·
'11 Camry
2001 Camry
1,370 Posts
There's nothing between the trunk liner and the spare tire. Mine will sag just a little bit when loaded down with a set of golf clubs. I guess that's to stop it from rattling on the spare tire when empty.

The 16" alloy wheels use the same lug nuts as the 15" alloy wheels. If your S has 15" steel wheels, with the hubcaps, they use a different lug nut. The lug nut for Toyota's steel wheels resembles a standard acorn style nut. The lug nut for Toyota's alloy wheels resembles an old mag style nut, with a washer fitted onto the nut shank.

·
10' Corolla S
10 Corolla S
158 Posts
You could cut out a peice of plywood to form to the trunk..then you would have better support. The tire pretty much holds the trunk together. An a side note, if you're ever installing anything aftermarket that needs wireing or tubing, theres lots of plug holes in the trunk area :)

·
Registered
2007 Corolla S
38 Posts
mine came with a plastic type support that covers the spare. it's the same shape as the trunk and just lifts up and out when access to the spare/jack is needed.

·
Registered
316 Posts
hit up the salvage yards before you go to Toyota!

BTW: I bought a brand new car once, with no jack, wrench or spare... they took care of it for me.

·
'11 Camry
2001 Camry
1,370 Posts
I lied. My '07 has a thick styrofoam block with cutouts into which you slide the lug wrench. It sits on top of the spare, under the trunk floor. So I guess the trunk bottom has a little support there. My trunk floor liner piece still bows up slightly when unloaded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts