Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 T100 SR5
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, thought I would get a topic started, I have an unexpected trip home I need to make from CA to MI, my 1997 T100 3.4 L V6, automatic 4X4 is probably the vehicle I'll be taking, I recently had the timing belt replaced, and did the radiator last year, I will of course give it an oil/air filter change and rotate the tires before I head out, but what else should I do?

·
2015 4 Runner SR5
4,493 Posts
Check your brake pads to make sure there is enough meat, check the belts for any signs of cracking. Other than that I agree with sdpeed - enjoy the road trip if it is that kind of unexpected trip where you can!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,006 Posts
The standard things you should check are the fluids, belts, tires, brakes, lights, wipers. Clean the interior glass so you don't git glare from the build up of film. Check the spare tire fer the proper air pressure and make sure you are able to drop it down. Clean the radiator of any debris especially fer anything between the AC condenser and the radiator. Hit those zerks fer yer driveline with grease. Don't fergit the slip joint! Make sure yer windshield wipers are good, replace if in doubt. Yer accessory belts should be inspected as well. Make sure all yer lights are working as they should be. Use a window front at night to inspect the rear lights if you don't have anyone to help you. Clean the MAF with MAF cleaner and reset the ECU by pulling the 15A EFI fuse fer 2 minutes. Make sure you have spare fuses (15A, 10A, and 7.5A). ;)

·
Registered
1996 Toyota T-100 3.4L V6 SR5 4x4
17 Posts
Fan clutch, belts, tires, grease all fittings on ball joints and driveline. My fan clutch went out at 250,000 miles

·
Registered
1997 T100 SR5
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff everyone, I'll try and take some photos once I get on the road and post them up here

·
Registered
1997 T100 RWD Auto
128 Posts
Road trip from CA to MI in the Summer? Please make sure your air-conditioner is in top-notch working order!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts