Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new CDA-9827 and I am dissapointed in how it looks in the dash of my 98' Camry. It just looks like it doesn't belong there. I am also unhappy about how bright the lighting is at night. It is supposed to dim the display when the lights are on but there is very little difference when I turn the lights on.

I am considering going back with newer factory AM/FM CD Cassette because all aftermarket head units will have the same issues.

I was looking forward to the MP-3 player though.

·
Registered
Highlander
1,471 Posts
Did you make sure the dimming feature is turned on? I don't think it's on by default, you'll have to enter the menu and set it at auto. If you want it to look nice, you can recess the radio by drilling new holes on the bracket and grind the trim ring down enough so that the bezel will fit over it. It's long and tedious, but the result will be much better.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will look at drilling new wholes in the bracket and will investigat the dimmer a little bit more.

I feel like I would be happy with it but I have sensative vision at night and don't think I can handle it the wya it is.

·
Got SQ?
780 Posts
most models have a blackout feature, where the displays turn off until you change a setting ie volume...

·
Registered
73 Posts
i'b heard that nak. isnt the company that it used to be, they went chapter 13 a few years ago then were baught, so its not the same quality it used to, some people gave good reviews some bad, so be carefull

they are also pretty hard to find, beecause low end is like 350-400, you can pay 500+ for just a tuner, and another 7 for a cd changer

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yeah hold the mute button for 3 or more seconds and it will dim out. Ive realized that the light is bright as well, but i like the blue, so i guess it dosent bother me.

Too bad you dont like it, its an awesome unit.

Shuluke

1 - 7 of 7 Posts