Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to uninstall my subwoofer amplifier. Quick question...is it dangerous to leave the wiring that was connected to the amp? I wrapped the ends of the wires with some black tape. I want to leave the wiring because soon I will be installing a different amplifier. So I was just wondering if it's ok or not to leave the wiring in the car.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
Camry
6,944 Posts
For the power wire, remove the fuse under the hood.
The remote turn on just tape it off or put a section of heat shrink over it
The same for the ground wire as long as it doesn't touch the remote or bat+ wire, you're good.

·
Registered
toyota camry
1,793 Posts
touringcamry said:
For the power wire, remove the fuse under the hood.
The remote turn on just tape it off or put a section of heat shrink over it
The same for the ground wire as long as it doesn't touch the remote or bat+ wire, you're good.

x2 that, u can always disconnect the ground wire becuase its just bolted somewhere near the back so its easy to take off and put back on

·
Dealer Tech..not Toyota
540 Posts
...depends on if you have it fused under hood, or in-line, mine's connected directly to the bat. with a in-line fuse (fairly close to where air box *was*) but they could be placed basically wherever you want-(the in-line fuse)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.