Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new 09 with 3k miles on it, ive noticed that the driver side front and back sets 1'' lower then other side. Dose anybody know if thats norm or what it could be?

·
'08 tacoma pre-runner
tacoma
520 Posts
its the way these flippen tacos are..idk but my 08 does the same and i was hoping the toytec lift i got would help out...not really but oh well naked to the eye but believe it or not i feel it

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
Its called the "taco lean"

its a design flaw, toyota put all the heavy componants on the drivers side and with the added weight of the driver it makes the truck lean towards the drivers side

·
Registered
74 Posts
The "taco lean" thats funny. The design is flawed. They should have but the heavier components on the passenger side. I bet this lean is even worse in the 4x4 versions, given the extra weight of the transfer case and ifs. I drive a 2wd and I dont really notice the lean.

Smart designers like the people who built the Skyline R34 put the transfer case with the driveshaft on the passenger side. This helps with a better weight distribution on the vehicle, while also improving cornering speed since the weight is balanced. Just my .02

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
My brand new 09 with 3k miles on it, ive noticed that the driver side front and back sets 1'' lower then other side. Dose anybody know if thats norm or what it could be?
Are you a Fat Bastard? J/K! Geez guys it ain't that big of a deal IMO!

The "taco lean" thats funny. The design is flawed. They should have but the heavier components on the passenger side. I bet this lean is even worse in the 4x4 versions, given the extra weight of the transfer case and ifs. I drive a 2wd and I dont really notice the lean.

Smart designers like the people who built the Skyline R34 put the transfer case with the driveshaft on the passenger side. This helps with a better weight distribution on the vehicle, while also improving cornering speed since the weight is balanced. Just my .02
This is a "Truck" not a sports car. It doesn't bother me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts