Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Corolla. The blower fan works as it should when you initially start the car, then after a few minutes, it stops working completely. Works again if you turn the car off and back on again.

I don't know what can go wrong here other than the motor or the resistor Network. But the motor seems to be functioning, and normally when the resistor Network fails. It works on high but not the other speeds. I'm traveling and don't have any tools so I can't take a look for myself just yet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Likely the blower resistor is bad. I've never had one go out on any of my Toyotas, but it can happen.
The part is around $50, depending on where you get it.
Its accessible from behind the glove box.
Here is a (not very good) video on how to replace one on a Corolla:
At about 54 seconds into it shows what the blower resister looks like.

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
It can be as simple as the resistor assembly or the AC relay.

Being that it only works on high speed, it could be the control itself or the resistor. Remove the resistor and confirm the joints are in tact.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be clear, when it works it works on all speeds, and then it stops working on all speeds.

·
Super Moderator
5,211 Posts
I had a similar issue. It turned out to be the AC relay.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Definitely not the resistor. I disconnected the resistor and the issue was the same when on high speed. I ordered a blower motor.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced the motor, so far everything is working. The resistor had some rust on it but is still working correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts