Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just traded in my 2007 Camry XLE for a 2012 Camry XLE. At first, I thought the new nav system with Entunes looked very cool. Once I started to use it, I found it lacking some key features that existed in the 2007 Camry. Specifically, my old vehicle's nav would display icons about upcoming exits such as gas stations, restaurants, etc. We loved this feature and used it alot. The new 2012 model, however, does not seem to have this feature. Am I missing something?

Also, I was able to get back to the map quickly by pressing the Map button. Now I've got to navigate Apps button/screens to do that. Really annoying.

And I won't even go into my frustration with the lack of functionality with my iPhone. It looks like most of the cool features are only available on an Android or Blackberry. Blackberry! Really?! I even have to tether my iPhone to get Entunes to work! I now have to wait 10-14 weeks to get the USB to update Entunes in my car to 2.1.0 which apparently fixes some, but not all, of these shortcomings. Wow!

Any advice or tips?

·
Administrator
14,804 Posts
I moved your post to the Gen7 forum where you'll be more likely to get some advice.

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE I-4
2,263 Posts
I just traded in my 2007 Camry XLE for a 2012 Camry XLE. At first, I thought the new nav system with Entunes looked very cool. Once I started to use it, I found it lacking some key features that existed in the 2007 Camry. Specifically, my old vehicle's nav would display icons about upcoming exits such as gas stations, restaurants, etc. We loved this feature and used it alot. The new 2012 model, however, does not seem to have this feature. Am I missing something?

Also, I was able to get back to the map quickly by pressing the Map button. Now I've got to navigate Apps button/screens to do that. Really annoying.

And I won't even go into my frustration with the lack of functionality with my iPhone. It looks like most of the cool features are only available on an Android or Blackberry. Blackberry! Really?! I even have to tether my iPhone to get Entunes to work! I now have to wait 10-14 weeks to get the USB to update Entunes in my car to 2.1.0 which apparently fixes some, but not all, of these shortcomings. Wow!

Any advice or tips?
doesn't it show the POI icons in the map? because mine does and you can set which one to display. check your manual. regarding the map button, use the voice activation and say "show map." search the forum for the 2.1.0 update as the file is readily available for download.

·
Registered
838 Posts
OP.....Did you purchase the Premium navigation or just the standard package?

I believe the reason you feel you have been downgraded, is in fact because you chose the lower package. In 2007 there was only one Nav available, which is compares more with the current premium nav.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did not get the Premium model. I wasn't made aware there were different model of nav available until after I bought the car. Boy, that really sucks. If I had known, I would have bought the Camry with the premium package. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts