Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here is what will be done to the taco within the next month. i have a couple questions though so i'll ask when i get to them:

1) BHLM

2) KYDO h4 (100w/8ow) headlight bulbs and h10 (60w) fog light bulbs.

3) These tail lights from ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I was going to get my stock ones painted but the cops around here are anal so I'm gonna get these to get that darker look but keep the cops away.

4) Light Racing UCA's. These should suit my needs since I'm not going off road too much.

5) Bilstein 5100 front and rear shocks... now here is where my quesiton comes in: I have a 3" spacer lift in the front, that is it goes on top of the strut assembly pushing it all down, no compressing the coils or anything. and a block lift in the back. Now should the front bilstein's help with my ride or are they pointless with this type of lift???

6) Last but not least, Fuboto oil drain valve for easier and cleaner oil change :D

·
Softball God
07 Tacoma V6 SR5 DC
2,096 Posts
^Yeah that's a no no. Make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy.

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah the 'fuboto' was a typo. my bad. and i read somewhere that people were running the 100/80w but i didnt know if it was stock wiring or not. but ill check into the wiring or get the lesser of the wattage. i just want brighter lights.

but what about the bilsteins. should they help the ride with my lift style?

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
yeah the 'fuboto' was a typo. my bad. and i read somewhere that people were running the 100/80w but i didnt know if it was stock wiring or not. but ill check into the wiring or get the lesser of the wattage. i just want brighter lights.

but what about the bilsteins. should they help the ride with my lift style?
Are you keeping the spacers? why not ditch them?

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you keeping the spacers? why not ditch them?
i was wondering about that. will the bilsteins in the front still give me the same lift in terms of height without the spacers? i dont want the front end to be a little lower than the rear.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
ok so here is what will be done to the taco within the next month. i have a couple questions though so i'll ask when i get to them:

1) BHLM
Good!

2) KYDO h4 (100w/8ow) headlight bulbs and h10 (60w) fog light bulbs.
Go with an HID kit!

3) These tail lights from ebay,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2008-TOYOTA-TACOMA-TAIL-LIGHTS-BLACK-2006-2007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem300304854785QQitemZ300304854785QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories I was going to get my stock ones painted but the cops around here are anal so I'm gonna get these to get that darker look but keep the cops away.
Don't like the lights, but to each their own!

4) Light Racing UCA's. These should suit my needs since I'm not going off road too much.
Good!

5) Bilstein 5100 front and rear shocks... now here is where my quesiton comes in: I have a 3" spacer lift in the front, that is it goes on top of the strut assembly pushing it all down, no compressing the coils or anything. and a block lift in the back. Now should the front bilstein's help with my ride or are they pointless with this type of lift???
Get the 5100's keep them at stock, put the spacer on top, and ditch the block, and go w/ an AAL!

6) Last but not least, Fuboto oil drain valve for easier and cleaner oil change :D
Lame...a little never hurt anyone's hands!

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
wont the aal sag a little? if so ill prob have to get a 1" block right?
It might sag a little, but imo will be a much better option then a rear block. You can always get an Alcan or Deaver (I think) leaf spring set from wheelers offroad or some other site.

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if i get the aal and it sags ill prob just slip a small block under it. i really dont wanna drop that much money into a full leaf set.

also an update on the headlights. im looking at the philips xtreme headlight bulbs and philips blue vision fog light bulbs. they are more expensive but i think they are brighter than the KYDO's. and HID kits nice looking, but i think they'd get more attention that i dont want ya know

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Yes, Wheelers, Toytec, or Fat Bob's Garage will get you a nice AAL for under $100. And it is not going to sag as much as you all think. As for the HID kit if you get a quality set and good shields you won't get that much attention. The best way to go is a retro kit, but it takes a lot of time and cost a lot of money.

·
let's go...mountaineers!
2006 Tacoma SR5 DC
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
reading other people's cardomain and signatures and seeing that they have a 1"block with the all makes me worry though. call me a worry-wart i reckon lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts