Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upcoming servicing:
2014.5 Camy Hybrid
mileage approx: 100k miles.

Dealer's loose quotes:
Sparks plugs: $200.00
Cleaning throttle body (can't remember if this was included in the spark plugs change.
Trans oil (coolant was done a while back for both radiator and inverter) : $400.00
Valve cover gasket (it is seeping a very tiny bit.) $1,000.00
=============

I find this very expensive for these items. Crazy crazy expensive!
MY health is very bad, but am still considering doing some of these myself. Or finding an independent shop.

They told me that they would do this at 100k miles, not the 120k miles I read for this car servicing. (valve cover gasket of course wasn't part of the servicing, I noticed the seeping a few months ago. I read that others also experienced this with other Camry Hybrid.)

·
Super Moderator
9,349 Posts
Spark plugs are DIY 20 min or so at about $40 expense. Valve cover is about an hour plus about $30-40 gasket set.
For throttle body, if it really needs cleaning, IF, use Seafoam cleaning spray that goes into air intake. Less than 20 bucks.
ATF does not need to be changed but, if you bent on doing so, find buddy with basic tools and 4 jackstands and have him do it. Or, rent a lift and DIY it, super easy, write ups available.
Grand total about a hundred bucks. Maybe case of beer for buddy.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, I know, but since my health is very bad, I prefer having others do the work, but find those prices crazy high!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts