Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Finally finished the box for my 12" it is way to big, I would really like to get rid of the 12" and get two 10" Subs, but i did it and I also Carpeted my rear wall....
-Dave

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
sweet!!! looking great man! hows it sound?

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sounds great, but It could be better, I wish for now i had two tens behind the seat, But as soon as spring comes im gonna do a blow through anyway and probably load it with four 10's or three 12's

Thanks though

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
ohh my friend has 2 10inch JL w1s i think or sum new JL sub in sealed enclosures they sound pretty good in his single cab taco.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
dave i bet if you put a grill on that sub behind your seat it would sound better. i have 2 10's in my sonoma and they sounded ok but when i added the grills they sounded alot better. i still want to know how you got the carpet to look good on the top by the window. did you just glue it on or did you use dynamat or foam behind it? it looks good and i may do mine the same way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That looks really good. I'd also like to know how you did the carpet up the rear cabin. I'm getting Sound Deadener from Second Skin all over the cabin and I'd like to get some carpet or something similar like that. Any advice plus any tips on where to get the carpet like that?

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
i know the carpet is available from any hardware store i prefer the rubber backed kind and glue it on with contact cement or even spray adhesive. i think he cut it really straight up top under the window and glued it on. i may find a piece of plastic and cut it to fit over the edge. i kow that toyota has a piece that covers the rear of the cab but i have not found one to buy.

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys what i did for the top was I used the factory cut, and when i put adhesive on the top, I just pulled the bottom part down and used an x-acto knife so that way the cut would be on bottom and not as noticable... IF You guys have any questions let me know

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
cool , i think ill try that once i get some cash together. bills are due now so i have to wait a few days .

on your box how deep is the speaker itself? i made boxes for 10's in my sonoma that i had to cut a piece out of the back section so the magnet doesnt hit the back. i filled it with some fiberglass mesh and some resin so it is still sealed.it only gave me an inch but it made the difference i needed.(im 6'3) making custom boxes is a difficult thing to do in a small std cab truck but thats all ive ever owned with the exception of a few cars. it looks like you might be able to reduce the size if you cut the top and bottom a little bit smaller .pull the back off with the sub in the front still and see if youve got any way to shave the box thinner. one box i made for a first gen s-10, i used the 3/8 in. mdf and coated it with resin inside and out so it was just as strong as the thicker 7/16 or 3/4 stuff.the extra inch or so made a big difference in how i sat in the truck. also it looks like its pretty low in the box the lower you move it the more depth youll have. its hard because youll sacrifice the air space but when it comes to a 12 you need more air space but if you shave a little you wont notice a huge difference. the sound difference in a 10 would be about the same as if you shaved the box down a hair. a grill on the front will help with sound and will protect the speaker from getting damaged by spappin the seat. hope this helps. i know in the long run its easier and almost cheaper to buy pre made boxes from q logic or some other manufacturer but sometimes they dont fit any better and buying them takes away from the fun and your wallet. once you get it right theres nothing better, well more speakers would ne nice....:banger:

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I know what yer saying man, I had a box that I built it my 4x4 toy that housed two Kicker 10's and 600 watt Kenwood amp... But anyway that is what sux about it being a 12" i dont have any more room back there, BUT since Ive got the bucket seats its cool cause I still have my seat where I need it.. I am also 6'3

here is a pic of the 10's and kenwood 600"
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/229000-229999/229531_6_full.jpg

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some more pics, of what i did to the outside... OH yeah those clear corners and bumper lens are HOME MADE.....lol.. I cut the bottom metal pieces out what do ya think?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the bench seat and I would love to fit some 10"s in the back, but there doesn't seem to be any space. I tried a few things, but no luck. Do your 12"s fit just because you have bucket seats?

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I only have the one 12" the bucket is up as far as it can go is why it fits.. If you will click on this link i had two 10's and an amp behind the bench in my 4x4 yoda, I only had to move it up 1 click and they fit perfect and sounded great
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...531_6_full.jpg

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
F1000X said:
What kind of wheels do you have on your truck, how much did they cost, and is your truck lowered?
Katana/Motegi MR7 wheels there 17's Im not sure what i have in the,. I did some trading and cash.. and yeah the truck is lowered 3 inches

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yeah they are H4 Lights.. I have green corner lights and green city lights inside the headlights. So they have a green glow when just the park lights are on.. Here are some pics...

HEADLIGHTS OFF...

HEADLIGHTS ON

·
Registered
1994 Toyota 4x4
19 Posts
hey yo, nice setup

you replied in my post that you had some mids hooked up, but i dont see them in these pics. where are they? I am hoping to stuff two mid-bass speakers, a pair of tweeters, 2 12"s, and a big ass amp in here somewhere, but this is one small truck... plenty of measuring, and ******* ingenuity i reckon.

david

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Hey here is a pic of the 6.5's I was talking about... But what im gonna do is put 6.5's in my doors, and put two 8's or 10's behind my seats.. I had a 12 back there but i had to move the seat up too far.. Below is the pic of the JL 12 I was talking about

The 12' was what i replaced the 6.5's with but NOW i got rid of it.. and i have them back there again but that is all gonna change tomorrow.. I got $500 in Christmas money ... SO im getting a new cd player probably two 8's and some new 6.5's and 4's

·
Registered
1994 Toyota 4x4
19 Posts
I thought about mounting the mids in the doors, but they just seem entirely too shallow. I think I would have to build it out. I am not trying to go total "trick" on this ride, but I can lay fiberglass to space the enclosure out another 2"-3". But then I would have to go through the trouble of recovering the doors and such (cant have fiberglass speaker enclosures in the STOCK doors).

I have considered building a small enclosure that fires up and toward the seats from under the head unit. You know, there is that little space under there, I could probably do that... I dont know. I aint got nothing but time...........

David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts