Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, can anyone let me know how we can update maps in 2014 highlander XLE?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply!

Dealer is asking for $125 or more ..is that not something we can do from our end?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Navigation upgrade micro SD card

Thanks for reply!

Dealer is asking for $125 or more ..is that not something we can do from our end?
I started a new thread last week but there are only few responses. Guess there are not many people who are interested than the color choice and captain seats of the Highlander. The SD card costs about $90+ on eBay for 2016/17 version. OEM part number is: 86271-0E184. Maybe you can split the cost with others. Why can't we upgrade it automatically like the Apps on mobile devices?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I didn't see any reference to Garmin in my 2015 manuals. Is that a more recent thing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Initially i tried but the options path in step1 I'm not finding on my entune system.....under settings

"Settings > System > Update"

Can anyone please try if that works in there HL?

·
Banned
500 Posts
Guys, don't waste your time or money trying to update the Entune maps.

Use your phone - Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps (greatly improved) OR you can buy a Garmin with lifetime map updates included for $97 at Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Navigator-Directions-Lifetime-Displays/dp/B00RVGZRR2/ref=zg_bs_559938_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=YGBY59EESGAA0GQPVCJ2&th=1

They are all more user-friendly, accurate, and reliable.

I started a new thread last week but there are only few responses. Guess there are not many people who are interested than the color choice and captain seats of the Highlander.
Your thread got few responses because most people are not paying to update the maps and are using the above for navigation.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Use your phone - Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps (greatly improved) OR you can buy a Garmin with lifetime map updates included for $97 at Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Navigator-Directions-Lifetime-Displays/dp/B00RVGZRR2/ref=zg_bs_559938_1?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=YGBY59EESGAA0GQPVCJ2&th=1

Your thread got few responses because most people are not paying to update the maps and are using the above for navigation.

I'm going to update my maps this week. If you like your phone, please keep using it. I prefer using vehicle Nav. Mine is user friendly, I have Nav bypass installed. I don't like to use my phone for Navigation when going on long trips. :)
Sorry, I'm tired of people marketing Garmin and Phones every time there is a useful thread on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I'm going to update my maps this week. If you like your phone, please keep using it. I prefer using vehicle Nav. Mine is user friendly, I have Nav bypass installed. I don't like to use my phone for Navigation when going on long trips.

Sorry, I'm tired of people marketing Garmin and Phones every time there is a useful thread on this topic.

What is nav bypass? Also i agree i like using vehicle navigation oppose to phone

·
Banned
500 Posts
No problem, Faisdogg. A respectful difference of opinion is a good thing! I still stand by my recommendation above, though.

EDIT: It's good for the OP to hear a variety of viewpoints. All information is good information in my book! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm going to update my maps this week. If you like your phone, please keep using it. I prefer using vehicle Nav. Mine is user friendly, I have Nav bypass installed. I don't like to use my phone for Navigation when going on long trips. :)

And you consider this a useful thread? Other than paying the dealer or through the nose someplace else, I see no useful solutions in this thread that work so far other than rockets post!

Maybe I'm not as smart as some of you but it seems pretty easy to me and doesn't require a new thread to find this info. Search feature works well here. Either pay the dealer, buy the card somewhere and do it yourself or find alternative methods of navigating. There is no magic bullet out there but then again, like I said, I'm not the smartest guy out there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Tom Tom is the worst, I have no problems with my Nav. I had a 2014 Corolla Le Plus or whatever it was called, but the Nav worked well. I now am a proud owner of 17 HL Limited. The 17 Nav is faster and works well. Sticking that Tom Tom piece of crap on the screen was one of the dumbest things I have seen all day.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I started a new thread last week but there are only few responses. Guess there are not many people who are interested than the color choice and captain seats of the Highlander. The SD card costs about $90+ on eBay for 2016/17 version. OEM part number is: 86271-0E184. Maybe you can split the cost with others. Why can't we upgrade it automatically like the Apps on mobile devices?
This is the latest map i.e OE184. You will not be able to split the cost since 1. copy the micro sd is not easy 2. micro sd is needed in the slot when start up. The price is just too high at this time.

·
Registered
76 Posts

I just bought this card at Toyota dealership, heard there's fakes being sold on eBay. I paid $150, at least I've peace of mind that's it's not a fake or a copy LOL.
I prefer using entune Navigation since I have override installed. Don't like using my phone or ghetto tom tom or garmin units hanging. If I wanted that I would've bought an LE and saved all the extra money spent. ;)

1 - 20 of 116 Posts