Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
94Toyota
1994 Toyota Pickup
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

In case you don't recall, I posted a thread on here last month about my truck blowing a head gasket. After a couple of responses about the dealer possibly repairing it for free due to a faulty cylinder head design recognized by Toyota, I called the dealer to try my luck. Luckily they showed no records of the truck ever receiving that service so they told me that I was covered for the repairs.
Well, I finally got it back with a complete engine gasket set installed and PCV valve install FREE OF CHARGE!! I'm so impressed with this dealer here....I was pretty certain that they were going to charge me for something but they didn't.

Anyways, the truck runs fine but the service guy told me that my radiator has a couple of tiny leaks. He showed me and sure enough it's obvious. My question now is: is it a tough task to replace the radiator by my self and are there any DIY instructions for that???

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts

·
Fixing 1 Piece at a Time
89 4x4 Pickup
121 Posts
I replaced my radiator over the summer. I don't know how similar yours is to mine, but it was one of the easiest things i've ever done to a vehicle. It took about 20 minutes, not including the time it took to drain the cooling system. :clap:

·
94Toyota
1994 Toyota Pickup
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
silvers000 said:
I replaced my radiator over the summer. I don't know how similar yours is to mine, but it was one of the easiest things i've ever done to a vehicle. It took about 20 minutes, not including the time it took to drain the cooling system. :clap:
Mine is a 94 4X4 V6 Automatic with the 3VZE engine.

·
YOTA Master
'93 2wd P/U
2,434 Posts
you have to remove the lower spash pan, on a Auto trans model there are 2 smaller hoses attached to the bottom of the radiator for the trans cooler. drain the coolant, disconnect the radiator hoses at the radiator, remove the fan shroud (4 bolts with 10mm heads) and pull it back and let it hang on the fan, unbolt the radiator from the truck (4 bolts with 12mm heads) lift the radiator out. Note the little "hooks" that hold it in place when the bolts are out. Put these to use when you "hang" the new one in and bolt it up.

Get this done and you are started on your way to DIY Nirvana

1 - 5 of 5 Posts