Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a post with some new pictures of my ae101 map/dli 4agze swap into my ae92 sedan over on twincam.org. I think the swap turned out pretty well, feedback would be great :)
Pics

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
looking good:thumbup: just need the FMIC now to put the matching hood back on and it'll be really nice.

·
Deer Smasher
1988 Corolla SR5
401 Posts
Pretty sweet looking, my brother should do that to his 91 lol.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
sweet dude! maybe one day you'll make it down to Ontario for one of our meets. :thumbup: :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
REN69 said:
sweet dude! maybe one day you'll make it down to Ontario for one of our meets. :thumbup: :D
Oh you can count on that. I'm possibly moving up to the toronto area in the next year, and if not, I'll definitely be up for a visit next summer with the car :) Look forward to going to my first corolla meet!

·
Still got love 4 the AE92
489 Posts
One of the cleanest ae92 sedans I've ever seen.:thumbup: Definately do something about the hood though. What color is that?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
i'm guessig that's just a junkyard hood, as that was his original plan......

mike, you ever get the E series tranny in and running correctly?

·
Registered
391 Posts
That little car pulls like a mofo, absolutely no traction and the hood, lol, is off his winter corolla. Mike is a silly bastard, but hes done good with this car. The toyota scene is weak down here, its like, him, me and a coupld other hands, mostly civics and jbodys here.

John

·
Registered
164 Posts
Would it be possible to do this swap with a 88 sr5 coupe???Anyone tried that out??

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Anything is possible with time and money dude. with that said.. yes it would be, the engine bay is the same as the GTS and the 4AGZE came in AE92's to start with. Suspension will be an issue as you will have to strengthen it a bit.. or even swap for a GTS setup. Word of advice.. sell your SR5 and buy yourself a GTS if you plan on doing a swap like this, save yourself all the trouble no matter what Ahmed (Xenon) says about SR5's! :D

mhiscott, I like your car being rice-free, keep it that way. :thumbup: :D

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
hey ren... wanna race my sr5? :p:

if you use an E series tranny, then you should definately at least get some aftermarket (stiffer) springs, as the transmission is MUCH heavier than the factory C series tranny (c-series is somewhere between 65-75lbs...... according to UPS my e51, tranny alone, was 144lbs..... and each axle was about 2 times as heavy as the n/a axles i had).... the engine itself isn't all that much heavier, but the s/c assembly adds a little more weight

·
Banned
245 Posts
My buddy tekphobia, who is also on twincam.org, is putting a JDM gze into his '90 ae92 sedan as well.

Did you put the JDM 5spd tranny in as well? If so, where did you acquire the axles?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Punisher said:
My buddy tekphobia, who is also on twincam.org, is putting a JDM gze into his '90 ae92 sedan as well.

Did you put the JDM 5spd tranny in as well? If so, where did you acquire the axles?
except tim keeps getting screwed on everything, and even i've made more progress on my gze swap than he has, unfortunately

1 - 18 of 18 Posts