Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4AFESPEED
93 Geo Prizm
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been busy working my ass off for some money, havent been on in a while. Finally worked all the kinks out of the car. I found some progress pix on the computer and wanted to post them up.

Intake, year or so ago, not much, sounded cool

Nothing fancy, stock header/exhaust

Header on, made intake into a trude cold air intake, all the motorwork, headwork is done.

Catback, 2.5in

Sits nice and flush, not too long.

Heres what im working on. Pretty much the opposite of the prizm. Gas guzzling, huge ass old car with a tonkin motor.

Motor specs are in my signature. I want to hop on a dyno somewhere, but i really need to get it tuned, it runs rich as hell.

I'm guessing it would put down about 110hp at the wheels and 100 or so lb ft tq. The car wants to rev to about 7300 to make power, pretty high for an f head. I think i might need to upgrade to a standalone to make some serious power as well as an aftermarket ignition setup. The stock plugs are wires are fine, but anyway i can get a hotter spark would be good. It runs so rich at wot, they foul out every 500 miles or so. Sounds amazing 2. I'll get a sound clip soon.

·
4AFESPEED
93 Geo Prizm
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it needs to be lowered, but it has good ride quality, so i dont mind.

Heres a photoshop of 2in lowering with shaved door handles, i was bored.

Clear corners, hid lights, removed front grill

3/4 view

Nothing special, hurst shifter from a camaro :clap: and custom trim paint

·
4AFESPEED
93 Geo Prizm
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love it. It's reliable as any other car i own, its quick enough for me, and it's different. Since i took the badging off and all the emblems, people cant tell what it is. "is that a honda, toyota or a nissan?" The laugh when i tell them it's a geo. They wonder what i have on it and i tell them just a muffler and rims, they have no idea;)

A Zex Wet-Kit is in the works. Im hoping for a 14 flat run by summer.

·
4AFESPEED
93 Geo Prizm
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well to be honest with you, the fhead is ok for everyday use, but prob the worst 4cyl head ive ever seen when trying to make power. I would swap to a g style head, but i already have it running very smooth.

The motor pulls really hard to the rev limiter and wants to keep going. I'm stuck at shifting around 6300rpm when it wants to pull to about 7k or so, maybe more, i don't know.

The 1.6 with an f head is NEVER going to make toruqe N/A, but it can make midrange power very well.

My flywheel is factory original with 114k on it:disappoin I wonder if fidanza makes a flywheel for the 4afe motor.

·
Registered
593 Posts
They do have 4A-FE flywheels on www.horsepowerfreaks.com it's a great website.

This may be worthy of a sticky, it kinda goes to show the only way to make serious power gains on an F head is boost.

If somebody as dedicated as you to the headwork/etc. did up a G head N/A build, it would be one nice machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts