Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

its been a while since i've posted, busy with uni lately.

anyway i've had my camry resprayed, its a custom blue, with some pearl and some metallic in it. its a one off colour which at first sounded ok, but now i live in fear of scratches or and accident. i still have a litre of the paint but i forgot to mix more and to take down the measurements...whoops. in these pics the car looks really blue but in less sunny conditions the car can look a bit teal.

the whole job cost $300AUD, cheap because i had to do most of the work, which included fixing a big scrape on the left rear door, some damage from my accident ages ago and all the preparation work. the pics are taken far away but there are still dents here and there and in some places u can still see tiny bits of the old paint where i didnt mask it good enough. i'll touch them up one day.

the respray was on all external surfaces so the frames of my car are still light blue...oh well i couldnt ask for much at that price.

about a week after the spray i took it on a weekend trip down the coast and when i got back, just upon goin up the mechanics driveway, my left rear swaybar link broke. it had been kinda loose the whole weekend but it took things easy. why it broke i can only put down to a loose bolt on the top heim joint. i will get metal ones one day.

if anyone wants better pics then just tell me...

Cheers

·
Beams SV21
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah epoxy would be a bad idea. and yeah they are plastic.

i replaced the endlinks 1 hr after they broke, just cost me $11 for the link and 10 min to do. the gen2 camrys that did come with a RSB either had plastic endlinks or metal ones. i've found a place that does have them but its a bit of a drive to go get them, takes me abt 1.5 hrs so i'll do that after this semester...for now the plastic will do. i'm just wondering if the whiteline RSB caused it or not....oh well another 3 mths and they'll be metal...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts