Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally gone and got one. Sounds okay, a bit too loud for my taste, but I like it overall.
DNA Splice told me about the extra sensor port, but since the Gen 5.5 doesn't have one for that spot, I had no problem plugging it. Thanks DNA! :thumbsup:

I might change the air filter to some universal HKS filters.

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
a bit too loud? you can hear it above engine noise?

how much did it run you?

any noticeable gains?

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, it's noticeably louder over the engine, but it's fine when it's at idle or cruising. It's only loud when accelerating past 3000rpm.

DNA sold his to me for $160 which included the heat shield.

As in for gain, probably not much, I'm guessing only around 1 hp more, since I've tried my best to have it away from the block as far as possible. The sensors was a bit problem for me to install because it was attached to the OEM air box, but I had no problems taking that out and putting it on the intake. The major problem I had was finding something to plug the extra sensor port, but I didn't have a problem when I was looking through some old computer parts and found a plug that had the exact fit over the hole. Problem solved. :D

I might install my TRD air filter in my dad's car later on since I won't be using it for a while. For now, I like it, but I'm more paranoid now when it's raining since it's an open air filter so I have to be careful not to drive in puddles like I used to, so I might end up buying a splash guard for the engine bay soon.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
water is not something you have to worry about until you've got a cai

and regardless, it takes a massive amount of water to hydrolock and engine. chances are that if it does suck up some water, it'll just stumble. or do nothing when the throttle is open- kind of like using seafoam

·
"Everyone Lies"
camry 5gen
2,033 Posts
:thumbsup:
if u dont want filter
i have a buyer lol

i ran HARD thru puddles no prob ahah

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D I'll see. I'm currently busy building a airbox for it.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Nice upgrade

·
The Moose
2004 CAMRY LE
62 Posts
where did you get the strut brace? i cant find it anywhere...

·
The Moose
2004 CAMRY LE
62 Posts
and, if i may, i suggest that you paint the piece that holds the battery down, and paint the headers..
:thumbsup:

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts