Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
01 camry
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i've done quite a bit to the car in last couple months. I was able to source a good bit of TRD parts that i have wanted ever since i bought the car about 6 years ago.

I have recently installed:
-TRD/bilstein struts
-TRD/eibach springs
-TRD strut tower bar
-K&N filter
-Painted the calipers pink
-Tranny torque rod (which i pieced together myself for about $30)
- 20% window tint

Already installed:
-TRD quickshifter and TRD shift knob
-Injen intake
-Alpine head unit and infinity Kappa components

Now for the pics

And a pic of my 87 mr2 that i bought as a project car. It's come a long way from this picture and i'll post some updates on it in the near future.

Anyway, thanks for checking out the car. In the near future i plan on installing the OBX shorty headers and y-pipe, Megan Drift spec exhaust, CPE programable intake, supra rotors and caliper brackets and some new wheels. I would really like to find a TRD lip spoiler also. So if anyone has one they are trying to get rid of please let me know.

Oh yeah, and i plan on washing my car...very soon haha.

Thanks again and i'll see everyone at the meet next month!

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
:thumbsup: Nice car bro...Looks good and I like the tranny bar...question....whats up with the wires all over the interior...I would tuck those if youre running an inverter...at least youre cabin wont look like the back of a tv stand in someones house....lol

·
Registered
01 camry
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice man, shes lookin good:thumbsup:. id question ya about thoes pinks calipers, but hey, we mod camrys, maby thats not so far out there:lol:. OH and love teh MRDUCE project, such awesome cars.

see ya next month.:thumbsup:
yeah i knew i was going to get some hate for the caliper paint, not to say you were hating. but i've always liked the pink/black combo on the STi's so i thought i would give it a shot. i like the way it turned out but i can completely understand that most people will think theyre hideous.

as for the mr2, it has basically a whole new front end. its just that the amount of rust on these old toyotas is incredible. but i bought it for $400 and it runs well and the tranny seems like its in good shape. i have just always liked the mk1's especially and i was dying for a rear wheel drive car

·
Registered
01 camry
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbsup: Nice car bro...Looks good and I like the tranny bar...question....whats up with the wires all over the interior...I would tuck those if youre running an inverter...at least youre cabin wont look like the back of a tv stand in someones house....lol
thanks for the kind words. i know its a mess in there with all of the wires. i have been trying to find a solution to that problem but i mainly use the inverter for my laptop and need to be able to unplug it with relative ease. i'll figure something out eventually haha

·
Registered
01 camry
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont know, i like the mk2 but i love the old 80's boxy toyotas. theres just something about them that appeals to me. i think the mk2's can more easily accept the 1mz swap though so you got me there. that would be one hell of a fast car there.

·
Registered
01 camry
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like it a lot!! Only thing I feel it needs are rims:thumbsup:

On an off note, are you sure that stiff torque rod is safe??
thanks man!

Im sure the tranny rod will eventually break the mount that it attaches to on the transmission but other than that its safe. it's a relatively common modification for our cars. it makes a big difference using it with a manual transmission in terms of eliminating wheel-hop and providing smoother shifts.

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
NICE gen 4.5! Exactly how i'd do mine if I had one. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
how exactly do we know what gen we have? with all this 3.5, 4, 4.5....I getting confused.

My Legends were easy....g1...86-90, g2...91-95, g3 (which is really the RL now)96-(although there is now 2 different gens of those, but really they are still Legend based platforms)

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
92-94 = gen 3
95-96 = gen 3.5
97-99 = gen 4
00-01 = gen 4.5

Reactions: korrupt1

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Talk about an update! Loving all the TRD goodies. :thumbup:

The pink calipers are a plus too. It looks similar to the shade of pink STi uses so it's cool in my books.

·
Registered
01 camry
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot guys. I really do appreciate all of the kind words. And believe me a wash is coming very soon it's just very hard to keep up with it because my girlfriend's driveway is half a mile long and all gravel.

Yeah it is quite an update. i've been lucky this year with finding relatively new TRD parts. Im finally getting the car to where I've always wanted it. And STi pink is exactly what I was going for. I've always been a fan of their black/pink color scheme. Im trying to think up other small things I can paint pink to accent the calipers.

ONE_tO_HATE- your car has always been one of my favorites. It's always so clean and I love your rims.

·
[g4.Rep]
1999 Toyota Camry LE
1,591 Posts
^^
thanks man! - but its nothing without the power. And i'm glad to see someone from when we started back in 2005 who hasn't given up yet.

If you want to accent yr car with pink things- .. get the " toyota racing development [TRD] " logo made in pink vinyl opposed to the regular black/white or silver. Then place it towards the front of the door moldings!

·
Registered
01 camry
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i hear you about the power thing. i traded in a black '99 4cyl auto for this car back in 2004. and yeah i have been on here for a good while. i dont really post much i just do a lot of reading. i was even a member of the toronto toyota camry club site way back in the day, which i believe is what TN originated from. i could be completely wrong about that though hahaha

as for the TRD source, there really isnt just one, i bought the stuff from all over...Solaraguy, TRD4life and even ebay. i got into a bidding war with someone for that TRD strut tower bar and ended up paying too much for it. But it was in almost perfect, rust-free condition and i had to have it. just keep looking around, all of the parts that i have will eventually come up for sale again.

·
Registered
01 camry
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
oh yeah, thats a really good idea about the pink badging. ive been wanting to put some kind of TRD badging on the car for a long time and i think thats the perfect idea. thanks

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
yeah i hear you about the power thing. i traded in a black '99 4cyl auto for this car back in 2004. and yeah i have been on here for a good while. i dont really post much i just do a lot of reading. i was even a member of the toronto toyota camry club site way back in the day, which i believe is what TN originated from. i could be completely wrong about that though hahaha
TT-CC was awesome! I used to always read up on there, shame it went down though...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts