Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current firmware version ends in the letter A and according to customer service, the latest version should be D. I downloaded the file from Toyota but when I put the USB in and go to the update screen, it doesn't recognize the USB or thinks the file I have is the same as what is already installed on the head unit.

What am I doing wrong? The USB was formatted to FAT32 and the file name is 13TDANNA-DA11_0146.kwi

Any tips? Should car be running or just everything on? I also tried taking the SD map card out.

·
TableRocked
196 Posts
Maybe try a different USB stick?

There should be no need to take out the map SD card.
Tried to update my 2018 Hybrid Limited Platinum as it showed an update was available. No matter what I tried, it doesn't appear to recognize the update is in the USB slot. I'll ask my dealer when I take it in next for an oil change.

But, to be clear, I was too lazy to check to see if the version I had installed was current or newer than the one I downloaded.

·
Premium Member
4,064 Posts
For those having trouble with the update, use the steps above to see which version you have and if the update is really an update for your system. The Web site may have the same version you already have installed.

·
Premium Member
4,064 Posts
If you just bought it in October, is it a 2019? I'm not aware of any updates yet for 2019's.

There is an update for 2016-2018 out there from November 2018. The exact version of "Audio" that will be reported on the screen varies by the feature level and exact model of the head unit. That November 2018 version would be indicated as follows:
Entune Audio: 010150, 01314F, or 01014F
Entune Audio Plus: 010177, 010178, or 010179
Entune Premium Audio: 01019E or 01019D

·
Registered
2018 Highlander
50 Posts
If you just bought it in October, is it a 2019? I'm not aware of any updates yet for 2019's.

There is an update for 2016-2018 out there from November 2018. The exact version of "Audio" that will be reported on the screen varies by the feature level and exact model of the head unit. That November 2018 version would be indicated as follows:
Entune Audio: 010150, 01314F, or 01014F
Entune Audio Plus: 010177, 010178, or 010179
Entune Premium Audio: 01019E or 01019D
It's a 2018.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i downloaded the latest file to usb stick. followed the process and nothing. clicked on the read more link underneath the download button and saw that the premium audio version i have is the same as what's on the vehicle radio. no wonder it wouldn't do anything.

for all those who are going crazy wondering why nothing's happening, check your current radio version. you may not need an update after all.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I updated today after downloading the current update a few days ago. My 2015 showed no previous updates installed. Followed the instructions on the PDF linked above and it worked without a hitch. Took about 10-15 minutes. I see the USB I used is formatted FAT.

·
Registered
Highlander 2013
3 Posts
I went here "securedp.toyota.com/download-app/getHeadUnits" and didn't find any software for 2013 Highlander without Navigation
Where can I get the software for the multimedia unit?
Thank you in advance!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.