Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
NINJ4
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone had either of these units and which one i should dump my cash into..

Pioneer XM Satellite Radio-Ready CD Deck with MOSFET50 Amp/CD Changer Control

Model: DEH-P6600

OR

Sony XM-Ready 52W x 4 CD Deck with CD-R/RW/MP3 Playback/Full-Motion Display

Model: CDX-F7700

i was leaning towards the sony.. on asthetics and my alligence to sony products:dunno: ...thanks

they are both about the same price...but how do they perform against each other (sonys mp3 was a plus)

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
I personally, would go with Pioneer if i had to choose between the two... i am Kenwood all the way but i have had plenty of experience with both Poineer and Sony, technically Pioneer are a far more advanced package and from my experiances... Sony's are called Xplod's for a reason... but like i said it is just a matter of personal choice. Although i will say that at Sound-Off's over here the Pioneers have far outperformed everything.

I May even consider converting after what i have seen... but i doubt it.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
^^ ps. Im not too sure about the newer Sony's... (We're still on last years models in Oz) but it used to be that Pioneer is the only deck that u can plug a sub directly into, although it not recommended..

·
I get angry when Im sober
1,858 Posts
Yeah Pioneer (used to) allow you to bridge the rear channels for a sub or what not. You'd probably get a whopping 40w RMS.

Anyway, back to your choice... looks like you're shopping at Circuit City. I'm not the biggest fan of Sony but those headunits seem alright. I would normally choose a comparable Pioneer model over Sony, however. So, I guess it really comes down to how important is it for you to have MP3? You may just want to drop down to a cheaper Pioneer model with MP3 but not as nice of a display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.