Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes, they do! Typically we recommend going with the 9005 Xtreme LED Pro Kit for the high beam/DRL. You'll need to get the canbus option as well to allow the DRL to function in DRL mode otherwise they will flicker. At this time, the LED bulbs can't dim so it will be on at full brightness in DRL mode but we are working on a solution for this.

Danny
Hrm...currently have LED foglights installed and working well. Didn't have any plans to do the whole entire kit, just the DRL itself. Given your comments with regards to 'brightness in DRL mode' I will hold off till either you guys find a solution or my LED goes :)

But on the other hand..signal lights, brake lights, etc,etc,..I'm still open to idea :)

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Hrm...currently have LED foglights installed and working well. Didn't have any plans to do the whole entire kit, just the DRL itself. Given your comments with regards to 'brightness in DRL mode' I will hold off till either you guys find a solution or my LED goes :)

But on the other hand..signal lights, brake lights, etc,etc,..I'm still open to idea :)
Our new LED Driver that will let you have dimmable lights for DRL mode will be here soon, probably in about another 3-4 weeks. Keep an eye on our site, or follow us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram), for updates on when they will be available.

As for replacing other smaller lights with LEDs, you can take a look at our 2018 Toyota Highlander Lighting Guide for bulb types and a good place to start looking. The only smaller lights that need the 'CANBUS' option (which gets you Resistors) are the Turn Signals (front and rear).

~Robert

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Hey Danny,

Yeah I have the Xtreme HID kit. I want to use the provided relay :) so can you point me (with pictures) on the location for mounting the negative terminal onto?

No problem, unfortunately, we don't have any install guides for the Highlander that uses the relay harness' but here are the two guides that we have:

- 2017 Toyota Highlander - H11 Xtreme HID Kit Review

- 2014 Toyota Highlander - Xtreme H11 HID Kit Review

You can also find more installation guides on our Vehicle Reviews page that may further help.

Danny

·
Registered
53 Posts
Within a day of purchase I decided my 2016 HiHy's stock bulbs had to go, and upgraded them to a pair of 5000K VLED Micros that I had sitting around because they did not fit quite right in the Lexus LX570 I previously owned. There is a lot more room in the HiHy, and the bulbs fit fine and work great. The 5000K color is very white, and looks exactly like stock HIDs—less blue than typical 6000K LED bulbs. Light pattern through the projectors is pretty much identical to stock, although the light is brighter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our new LED Driver that will let you have dimmable lights for DRL mode will be here soon, probably in about another 3-4 weeks. Keep an eye on our site, or follow us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram), for updates on when they will be available.

~Robert

@XenonDepot

Have you released a properly dimmed DRL/High Beam LED solution for the Hybrid yet? I didn't see it on your site. Thanks!

Rob

·
6,522 Posts
@XenonDepot

Vendor Rules
1. Any and all commercial postings to the forums requires vendor credentials to do so. This includes: A business name Usernames, business information in your Signatures and or Avatars, soliciting in private message, and any and all commercial posting in threads. Failure to sign up as a vendor prior to commercial posting will result in your post being deleted and your account being blocked and or banned until the proper credentials have been added to your account

2. Before posting on the forum as a vendor please ensure to have your vendor tag on your account. If you’re having trouble with your account set up please (Please let us know how you want them to contact you)

3. Commercial posting is limited to either your personal vendor section or in the open vendor deals section of the vendor forum. If a member is looking for a product suggestion in the open forums it is acceptable to recommend a product that is relevant to the conversation but please keep it to a minimum and direct any subsequent conversation to private messages. Any vendor caught taking advantage of this rule will be subject to site infraction.

·
Registered
2018 T Highlander
105 Posts
@XenonDepot

Vendor Rules
1. Any and all commercial postings to the forums requires vendor credentials to do so. This includes: A business name Usernames, business information in your Signatures and or Avatars, soliciting in private message, and any and all commercial posting in threads. Failure to sign up as a vendor prior to commercial posting will result in your post being deleted and your account being blocked and or banned until the proper credentials have been added to your account

2. Before posting on the forum as a vendor please ensure to have your vendor tag on your account. If you’re having trouble with your account set up please (Please let us know how you want them to contact you)

3. Commercial posting is limited to either your personal vendor section or in the open vendor deals section of the vendor forum. If a member is looking for a product suggestion in the open forums it is acceptable to recommend a product that is relevant to the conversation but please keep it to a minimum and direct any subsequent conversation to private messages. Any vendor caught taking advantage of this rule will be subject to site infraction.
I remember seeing a post about Xenondepot being sold to theretrofitsource and they haven't posted on ToyotaNation since late 2018....are you behind on the update?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Experiments led me to HID as best option. I spent a lot on different types of LED bulbs - all of them were too soft of a beam. I ended up using a 55w HID canbus kit with 5500k bulbs with relay and fuse tap to maximize beam projection and pattern. Now I have the brightest light driving to work in the morning. Most likely, you would need to readjust the alignment of the projectors to achieve the best results. Drilling the gray cap in the middle about an inch diameter is needed - you don’t want to deal with dusts inside your headlights, due to tight and hard to clean spaces. Congrats and enjoy!

·
TableRocked
149 Posts
Danny, I have a 2018 Highlander Hybrid Limited Platinum. What is the optimal option for my high and low beams? I wish to have the same bright white color temp as my OEM LED running lights and don't wish to do anything to mess those up.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts