Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cephasiii
05' Tacoma Prerunner
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few threads out there about upgrading Head/Fog lights. Also read about using yellow bulbs for the fog lights, because that color cuts though fog the best. My question is: Is this true and what brand/model bulb is the best for both Headlight and Foglights.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have PIAA Super Plasma GT-X headhlights - they are nice and bright, but a little too purple for my taste. They are not stupid purple like some of the cheaper bulbs, but I think I prefer a slightly more blue tint. Next time I will stick to Super Plasma regular bulbs.

I just got Nokya 9145 yellow ion bulbs from eBay. Look really good with the black truck and I don't need to worry about melting anything as people who use 9005 bulbs (maybe) do.

I will post pix.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
I got my PIAA headlights and foglights on Ebay for about $65 a pair. Seems expensive, but they are pretty much the best bulbs out there. Expect them to last about 5 years.

·
Billblock
07 tacoma
63 Posts
i think everyone has their own preferences as far as headlite and fog lite bulbs go. endless discussions as to whether yellow or white bulbs are better in fog. my own experience is that the piaa H4's over time, coat the inside of the headlite lens and the relfector with the coating that is on the bulb itself. i removed the bulbs and compared them to brand new ones, and found the coating (blue substance) to wear off over time. also had a few explode, which according to piaa, was caused by too much heat buildup in the headlite housing itself. they did replace the bulbs for free.
i tired hella H4's with a yellow coating, which seemed to work great in snow/rain/fog conditions. only problem with them is that the local yokels told me they were illegal. i have seen some HID lites (bmw) that should be declared illegal since they blind the living crap out of ya.
bottom line is that everyone has their own preferences, what works and what doesnt.

·
Registered
http://www.dcautocen
299 Posts
I run the Wagner TruViews in my fogs & headlights and love them! Nice pure white light and bright!! NAPA carries them as may other parts houses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts