Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I could use some upgrading my interior a bit (just appearance wise).

I have a grey interior - probably the most drab interior in the history of the world.

Anyway, I want to replace as many parts as I can (adding Silver/Dark Silver/Black) with parts from a Black Camry interior.

1. Does anyone know the part numbers to the door handle plastic piece from a Black interior Camry/SE (It's dark silver colored I believe)? If you don't, your VIN would be appreciated, as the dealer people are dumbasses and can't find a dark grey/black colored one without a VIN.

2. Does anyone have any recommendations for seat covers? Any good ones out there that fit perfectly and are reasonably priced?

3. Are the speaker grilles on the doors easily removable? If so, does your interior (black) come with black speaker grilles?

Any other pieces that you can think of easily replaceable to a dark interior Camry?

PS - I already added the OEM wood trim.

·
Not-So-New TN User
2007 Toyota Camry SE
5,565 Posts
the only speaker grilles you can change our are the tweeters... door and rear speakers are integrated to the panel

IMO, don't change the interior unless you change everything... it's going to look odd with random black pieces... and cost way too much to change them all

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, there are already plenty of random black pieces. My steering wheel is black covered, my shifter has black, etc.

When I sat in a 2010 Camry SE (with a black interior), it had dark silver door handles. I definitely want a different color than my drab grey.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
So you'll be mixing black, silver/grey, and wood? WTH?

Just copy the SE's interior.

Or do like my twin here in San Diego, the Wheel-Master. I think he added some carbon fiber.

Right Lammy? ;)

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ Which interior do you have? Is it Black? If it is, do you mind giving me some part #s or VIN? Thanks

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
A little Charcoal, a little grey, a little tan, a little wood, seatcovers.......it's him.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Here's some pics of my interior. Keep in mind that mine is the TRD edition, it's a little different. ;)

I don't know about the Part #s, don't you have to take it apart to see it? Sorry man, I'm not taking my car apart. :)

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's some pics of my interior. Keep in mind that mine is the TRD edition, it's a little different. ;)

I don't know about the Part #s, don't you have to take it apart to see it? Sorry man, I'm not taking my car apart. :)

Can you PM me your VIN? Like your interior door handles, they are silver. Mine are drab grey :sosad:

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Enjoy being laughed at for destroying the interior in a new car.

·
"Circle of trust"
Camry SE
1,229 Posts
Next your going to want to swap out the instrument cluster since they are not as nice as the SE's. Just a snow-ball effect.

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's the difference in the Instrument Cluster? I will say I prefer the LE version (none of that blue, if that's the only difference).

I'm only doing practical things. The door handles should be about $10-15 each from the dealer.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Like I said, instead of stripping the whole car, just do like my twin buddy, he's got the overlay thing.

Where is Lammy anyway?!?! He has to chime in anytime now. :D

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I much prefer my LE cluster.

Btw, mine looks different than that picture as it's a V6.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts