Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I don't feel tardy...
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(updated with pics) UPS man came by today and left these...

Set of MB Gunner 6 17x8 in Anthracite Machined finish. Sweeeeet! I have been trying to track these down for some time and finally found a set at 2DayParts. Can't wait to get them installed.

·
Registered
07 Silver Taco
419 Posts
Set of MB Gunner 6 17x8 in Anthracite Machined finish. Sweeeeet! I have been trying to track these down for some time and finally found a set at 2DayParts. Can't wait to get them installed.
even better that G men flag in the back:thumbup: oh yeah sweet rims. what part of NJ u livin?

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
slow down....... mount then post;)

·
I don't feel tardy...
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that G-men flag in the back is back from '86.
I live in Hillsborough, the "town with no soul" as we call it.

Hope to get them mounted this weekend if time allows.

Also picked up a set of 5100's and the grillcraft grill. So I will be busy this spring.

·
Three-Dog-Taco
2008 Tacoma 4WD DCab
206 Posts
Very nice! I got the same in 16x8. Someone posted that they've been discontinued, so good job seeking them out!

·
I don't feel tardy...
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently they are discontinued. DiscountTire didn't have them anymore in the 106mm and 2DayParts, which according to DiscountTire buys MB rims from them, stepped up and had a set. I made sure the sales guy knew I needed 106mm, I didn't want to get stuck with the wrong size.

·
Three-Dog-Taco
2008 Tacoma 4WD DCab
206 Posts
Sounds like you got the right specs. The 108 mm hubs fit good on mine. Are you upgrading TRD wheels? I found out the hard way that the MB's need the 20 degree TPMS sensors. How about tires?

·
I don't feel tardy...
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am upgrading from the 17" Sport rims. I remember reading about your TPMS issue. So the 20 degrees from the Sport rims should work fine. The tires only have 12k on them so I will let them run out and then go to 265/70/17. Since these are the 25mm offset I can't go any bigger on the tires without modding.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Are you sure they are 108mm hubs? I recently bought MB wheels (black 72's) with a 106.2mm hub bore diameter, which makes them essentially hub centric I think (no rings needed).
BTW, this thread should probably go in the Tacoma wheels & suspension forum.

·
I don't feel tardy...
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't checked out the new sub-forums yet. The mods can move it there if they deem so. The rims came with hub rings, but like you said it should fit snug (hub-centric). I hope this doesn't start another hub/lug-centric debate. :deadhorse

·
Certified Imposter
4X4 DC Sport, SB
1,408 Posts
I haven't checked out the new sub-forums yet. The mods can move it there if they deem so. The rims came with hub rings, but like you said it should fit snug (hub-centric). I hope this doesn't start another hub/lug-centric debate. :deadhorse

For a sneek preview.... here they are on my truck with 285/75-16s...

·
I don't feel tardy...
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your truck certainly inspired me to buy these. I love the look. I was lucky enough to snag a pair before they are all gone.

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
nice choice!

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice. Nothing like a new set of shiny rims.:)

·
Certified Imposter
4X4 DC Sport, SB
1,408 Posts
Your truck certainly inspired me to buy these. I love the look. I was lucky enough to snag a pair before they are all gone.

Funny... I got these from a guy in Jersey. ...or delaware. somewhere over there. :lol:

I get a lot of complements on them. :thumbup: ;)

·
Three-Dog-Taco
2008 Tacoma 4WD DCab
206 Posts
I get a lot of complements on them. :thumbup: ;)
I liked them so much I had to get a set as well!

Regarding hub diameter, I'm pretty sure my Gunner 6's are 108 mm. At least that's what the guy at Discount Tire told me, and they didn't come with rings. And they fit just fine. So now I'm a little confused...

·
I don't feel tardy...
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The boxes mine came in said 106mm and they came with hub rings, but I did not use them. Had them installed today. They look hot. I will post some pics soon.

·
Certified Imposter
4X4 DC Sport, SB
1,408 Posts
The boxes mine came in said 106mm and they came with hub rings, but I did not use them. Had them installed today. They look hot. I will post some pics soon.
Dibs on your hub rings if you are interested in selling them! :naughty:

Just shot me a PM :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts