·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
yes it belongs to Xrobber.

·
Registered
245 Posts
how is urd doing on that CAI? any word on that thing lately?

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
From what I've been reading over at the CT forums, Xrobber dun blew his engine. If it's not blown, it's definited fuxored at the moment.

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
Which brings me to my next point kids, don't race trucks...use a car:thumbup::D(that's just my preference)

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
mhadden said:
Which brings me to my next point kids, don't race trucks...use a car:thumbup::D(that's just my preference)
Have you followed his posts at all? This guy just pushed the engine way to far with all the performance mods he installed. Smaller pulley for more boost, that even Gadget the creator of the S/C system didn't approve of, and then he installed a Methanol/Water injection kit which Gadget made a point to further dissapprove.

But, yes, he did race his truck.

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
I just can't imagine "going fast" in a truck. That's why I like cars that go fast...I feel like i'm on the ground and have more control when I'm doing 160:) I'll stick to my LS1's and LS7's for gofast.

I'm sure his X was one hell of a fast ride though!:ugh3::burnout:

·
Registered
366 Posts
mhadden said:
I just can't imagine "going fast" in a truck. That's why I like cars that go fast...I feel like i'm on the ground and have more control when I'm doing 160:) I'll stick to my LS1's and LS7's for gofast.

I'm sure his X was one hell of a fast ride though!:ugh3::burnout:
guess youd be sad to see when i motored on by a late model camaro SS in a TRUCK then :lol:

·
One Tough Cookie
05 BSP XR
117 Posts
Rodge said:
Have you followed his posts at all? This guy just pushed the engine way to far with all the performance mods he installed. Smaller pulley for more boost, that even Gadget the creator of the S/C system didn't approve of, and then he installed a Methanol/Water injection kit which Gadget made a point to further dissapprove.

But, yes, he did race his truck.
FYI, the boost didn't blow my motor.
The problem I had was the lack of tuning after the Methanol injection was installed.
And for those who dissagree with racing a truck../

heh...

just wait...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Truck racing is fun. Nothing like driving to the track in a 5000lb brick and running an 11.01 time (Lightning). Opens a lot of eyes.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
xrobber said:
FYI, the boost didn't blow my motor.
The problem I had was the lack of tuning after the Methanol injection was installed.
And for those who dissagree with racing a truck../

heh...

just wait...
Well it's good to hear that the motor could handle the boost. So what was the problem with the Methanol Injectoin? Detonation? I saw the picture of the spark plug you posted. I pulled spark plugs out of my 87 Pontiac 6000 that had the engine rebuilt with 100K miles on it and they didn't look that bad. :lol:

·
One Tough Cookie
05 BSP XR
117 Posts
The meth kit wasnt tuned. I basically dumped 4 gallons of meth into my truck within about 75 miles.
no motor could handle that.
I figured the default setting would be fine, but by the time I noticed, It was too late.
Its all good..
This gives me a reason to really build a motor.

·
Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,210 Posts
Racerxj17 said:
guess youd be sad to see when i motored on by a late model camaro SS in a TRUCK then :lol:
so, stock SS vs stock truck?? doubt it. unless you're talking about the ram rt/10, in which case you could have bought 2 SS's

·
05 Speedwayblue X-runner
1,787 Posts
xrobber said:
The meth kit wasnt tuned. I basically dumped 4 gallons of meth into my truck within about 75 miles.
no motor could handle that.
I figured the default setting would be fine, but by the time I noticed, It was too late.
Its all good..
This gives me a reason to really build a motor.

Hey xrobber, so what was the extent of the damage done to the engine? What's in store for the rebuilt or are you going to build a custom engine(V8):D Just curious. Been following on CT.

·
One Tough Cookie
05 BSP XR
117 Posts
not sure on the exact damage, we havent torn into my motor. I do know the cylinder leak down test gave the worst possible results, which makes it either a piston, or a ring - regardless the bottom end of the motor needs work. I have decided to buy another motor and drop it in. This will give me a spare motor to put on the stand and build over time.
Then...
WATCH OUT...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts