Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Toyota Pickup
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys...

Well just as I was driving home from school, noticed the Oil Pressure Guage was indicating almost 'LOW' so I went ahead and reved it and it does not fluctuate anymore...

I always look at that guage every once in a while to make sure everything's alright..

Everything was fine lately, so I'm just wondering what sorts of verifications I can do to know what's going on?

Seeing as this is my daily driver I'm sort of worried

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
I know min reads low, just about the time I should be doing an oil change. maybe, possible?

·
Registered
Toyota Pickup
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it should fluctuate, I Found the problem, bad connection on the sensor now all works.. :)

·
Lemon Jelly Donut
many things
882 Posts
glad you found the problem :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
My guage just dropped to nothing as well. Was about to panic then it came back up, then down then up then down, you get the picture lol. Before I get elbow deep in 15+years of rustproofing where did you locate the bad wire spot I will start there...

·
Registered
Toyota Pickup
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get on your back, (Naturally cuz on your stomach nothing's gonna get done)... Stick your head just under the block theres a little 'BELL SHAPED' rubber cup that covers the actual "Pressure sending unit", you can easily pull it off, and beneath it is the wire...

If your guage moves up and down with RPM speed that's what your supposed to be getting, constant fuel pressure and variating RPMs isn't normal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts