Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Camry Base / CE
13,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just got a new Samsung S20 FE 5G and it has no AUX. So I bought a Belkin USB-C to USB-C & AUX adapter. Unfortunately for me, the sound was neutered.

With this I mean, with my old Samsung S8 Active with an AUX and my stereo set to 30 I can feel the bass hitting. With the S20FE5G with the adapter and the stereo set to 30 I can feel... nothing and it may as well be whisper quiet.

To put it in other words, if the S7A was at 30 the bass was at 5. If the S20FE5G was at 30 it sounded more like 10 and the bass is -5.

So before I move on to the Bluetooth adapter I ordered, I also ordered another USB-C to USB-C to AUX adapter that seemingly has better Digital to Analog Converter specs than the Belkin. I don't use Bluetooth because back in 2013 I did notice a significant difference in audio quality between it and AUX. Maybe in 2021 it is better but I won't know until I get it.

So does anyone have any suggestions for A good USB-C to USB-C & AUX adapter? Or am I gonna come up with a convulated wireless charger mount and USB-C to AUX setup after I give up on bluetooth again?

And no I am not changing my OEM head unit to an aftermarket unit with or without Android Auto. That is a very low priority.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also bought an S20FE and noticed the same issue.

I bought a 2nd phone mount to keep my S8 note as a music phone using the AIMP App and MP3's I've downloaded

·
Registered
34 Posts
I recall reading not long ago about a pretty good USB-C to Aux adapter, can't recall the name. There may be info on the Head-Fi and Hydrogen Audio forums that would help with getting a quality adapter. Vangm25 ended up doing with a DAC with phone features as well, he has a thread on that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts