Toyota Nation Forum banner

USB Power Port

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SFCamry 
#1 · (Edited)
Swapped out the center console port and installed a square USB port with battery meter on the console:

This is near the shifter. To the right of the port is the passenger cup holder. The USB port has a small cap/insert I bought to keep crap from getting into it when not in use. Got ten of those suckers as they will get lost.

The round port inside the console has blue LED lighting, but the photo came out purple-ish. It has a 3.0 socket for faster charging.

I popped the trim piece out of the other part of the console to insert the port with the battery meter. I spliced into the wire harness that runs power for all the power ports. Now I have two USB ports on the back, two inside the console, and one on the outside of the console. Should be enough ports to last us on these road trips. Has been a misery in the past:

"I am at only 30% I need to charge!"
"But the iPad is low and needs to charge."
"My phone is almost dead, will need to charge it soon."

We only had one cigarette type round adapter to fit into all the supplied power ports. Amazing that they gave us four of them (one under the radio near the radio USB port, one inside the console, two on the backside of the console for the rear seats), but not one USB port for power (well, you can always use the radio port as it also supplies power).

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello. I’m new to this site and just bought a 2010 4Runner. Where did you get the USB ports ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the site jmillgs.

You can get them most anywhere. I bought mine off Amazon. If you are putting in the rectangular ones, then it needs to fit properly so look for ones that say they are for Toyota. The USB port is the same no matter what, but the size of the housing makes a difference if you want to pop it into the space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.