Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter old car is well she needs a new car. I suggested Camry. On carFax by her, there is a white 2016 Camry SE with 10,085 miles asking $17,444. What would be a good price on this vehicle for her to negotiate if she likes how it test drives...?...Price help and on used Camrys please...where to look other than Carfax?

·
16' Camry SE & 18' Camry XSE
627 Posts
It's low milage that's what they ask a lot. I paid 17k for 2016 se with 26k miles and sunroof about 18 months ago. Car was exactly 1 year old.

You can buy brand new 2019 LE for about $20500 if you negotiate correctly. You can also finance with a good rate. Because camry holds its value, I would not go for the one you mentioned even if they sell it for 15k.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
You can check Kelly Blue Book site but probably not a lot of room to negotiate with dealer.
Car rental agencies usually sell lower price than dealer.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You could try looking at Carmax website.
As has been mentioned, the price is higher due to the super low mileage....
I paid $18K for a 2016 Camry SE with about 50K miles on it last year at Carmax.
Mine has the convenience package with push-button start, sun roof and larger display.
I looked a month ago and they have come down 1-2K since then, which is not bad.
I really like my car.....I had gone from a minivan, so I had to get used to sitting lower again.
While the Camry is nothing "special", it is a very reliable car.
I would certainly buy another.
Of course, verify that it is in good condition.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Use autotrader.com and search for used 2016 Camry SE in your area or where your daughter lives. You'll need to confirm if there are any options on the vehicle.

Remind her that once the 2020 Camrys hit the market, she is buying a 4 year old vehicle. Nothing wrong with that but it should reflect in the price of the car. If it's a base SE, I wouldn't pay anymore than $16.5k. Tell her don't "fall in love" with the car and be prepared to walk away. There are plenty of Camrys out there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Prices of these Camry's are all over the place. Make sure look at the carfax and buy from a reputable dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In July, I bought a 2017 Camry SE from Hertz car rental. It had 44k miles on it and it cost me $14k. We buy a "new to us" car about every six years, this is the fourth time we've bought cars from Hertz.

One recommendation, When I buy a car, I like to buy the last year of a generation. That way all the bugs should have been worked out of any transmission, engines, etc..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price help and on used Camrys please...where to look other than Carfax?
I did this for about 5-6 weeks finding my Camry. I then picked out the RAV4 my wife's friend bought, and picked out a 1 owner Highlander for my sister though she was states away from me.

1. CarGurus.com and the phone app -- It tells you about Accidents, Salvage title, # of Owners and Fleet or Rental use. It gives a price grade like "Fair Price, $100 below average". It tells you how long it's been on the market. It gives the VIN..
2. https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/vehicle-specification - and input the VIN to get the real deal on what the car has.
3. MyCarFax.com and the MyCarFax app. -- you input the VIN and can get most of the maintenance history. But don't freak if it's not there. I've seen some show, and some not show. But it's free help.

Also, use the CarGurus listing to find the car on the actual dealer's website.. they usually link the full CarFax.

With the above trio and a test drive, you can choose with confidence!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts