Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buying a used car, I have a 6,500 budget and am probably going to get a 2000ish Avalon.
I have a couple questions.

First, how many miles is too many miles? Can an Avalon with more than 150k be expected to run well if used only for light driving and if it is continued to be well maintained? In this model, what things can be expected to fail first?

Also, how much money should be allotted, in general, for tax and title? This will be my first car buying experience so if anyone has any general tips those would be appreciated too.

·
11,504 Posts
I'm looking to buying a used car, I have a 6,500 budget and am probably going to get a 2000ish Avalon.
I have a couple questions.

First, how many miles is too many miles? Can an Avalon with more than 150k be expected to run well if used only for light driving and if it is continued to be well maintained? In this model, what things can be expected to fail first?

Also, how much money should be allotted, in general, for tax and title? This will be my first car buying experience so if anyone has any general tips those would be appreciated too.
1- Depends on the year. In general 15,000 miles is given as an average per year. It should
run well if it was properly maintained. If it has a timing belt, then that would be something to
check/change, along with the seals, (oil, crankshaft, camshaft, rear). Avalon has for the
most part has been a reliable car.

2- As far as money alloted, I would not go over $5000 which would leave enough for tax, title,
and to do some servicing.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts