Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 Camry and i have had to replace my speedometer cluster with a used set that i bought. The problem is that the rpm's and speedometer arent working. I thought that it might have been a faulty set, so i purchased another used cluster. This also did not work. Is there anything that i must do for them to work??

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think the speedo and tach are on the same fuse. I sure hope you didn't go thru all this for nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, there is power going into the unit, the gas gauge and temp gauge work and so do all the lights. Also, i was able to get the original speedometer to work somewhat, but it is extremely inaccurate. I was just wondering if something needs to be reset or what, cause i know its not an electrical problem... Thanks for the reply

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
most likely you have a 4 cyl and you got a v6 cluster, or the other way around... the tach signal is not the same for the different engines... thats where my money goes

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,960 Posts
actually zoni i have a v6 gauge cluster here in my hands and it doesn't work with my v6. i got it from rapeacivic and the camry he has is a 94 1mzfe like mine but it's Japan built and mine is US

1 - 8 of 8 Posts