Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Hondas V-TEC has a controler where you can set the rpm's at which V-TEC kicks in.... but does toyota make a VVTL-I controller that would do the same? would it be worth it or would i be better off saving my money? I just want to drop it to 5500 rpms where it will automatically kick in as soon as i change gears....if i did this would it put more wear on the engine or would it be alright?? in other words would it be healty?

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
I know the ECU adjust timing according to condition, so no controller is needed. Don't know if ECU adjust lift or not. Its more complex control then VTEC.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
troy said:
This is currently being talked about in http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t53055.html

That's a good question though, I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen many VVT controllers out there, or atleast are prefabbed to fit a toyota.

:confused:
Dude... have a look at who started that thread... same guy who started this one... :nono:

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
as far as I remember, VTEC is cam activated... VTEC-i is electronically controlled just like VVTL-i, making it useless to add another controller since there's already one built in. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts