Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I shut off the engine, the drive train shakes to a stop. Almost like it was dieseling for a second. I took it to Russ Toyota and they said ALL 6 speeds do this. I find that imposible to beleive!! You can even see the stick shake.

When I took it in and had the service tech feel it and listen, he said, and I qoute "that is not normal" I left it for the day, came back to pick it up and the same tech said "that is how they all are."

Has anyone one had this happen? I feel like they are just trying to ignore this. There is no way anyone would just think that is normal. I wish everyone could feel this and hear it it's nuts!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey wussup. I get the same problem and i have an 06. I thought it was a problem but then realized maybe its not..also wheni go over roush road it seems like something under the car is rattling..hmm i dont know. I guess well wait till toyota says something about it

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, well maybe I was over-reacting then... I just can't see how that would be noraml. I know this is not a $50K rig but I bought a Toyota truck because they are built well and run smooth. It is a truck though, not a Supra:) (

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
OF COURSE its going to shake. Its bolted up to rubber engine mounts. Do you think its not going to move at all. You got 6 pistons in there pumping away. Do you think when you shut off the truck they stop instanly. they slow down and come to a stop. That service tech is a dumb ass. The shifter is going to move. you have a frame and the tranny is bolted right up to the motor and the vibration goes all the way down. You dont drive a FWD unibody car that the shifter is not connected to the trans to make it move at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.