What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Too much. Junkyard? Car-part.com?

Year? Engine? Trim?

·
イリジウム
13,513 Posts
Is this the round sheet metal splash shield? I think the dealer is charging you for a new steering knuckle, wheel bearing, and wheel hub in addition to the shield.

Even if they have an inexpensive shield they will need to remove the wheel hub (therefore destroying the wheel bearing) in order to install the shield!

Also check partslocator.com

yep $420 for a brake rotor shield ?
So how did it break off?

·
Registered
2000 Solara
252 Posts
Is this the round sheet metal splash shield? I think the dealer is charging you for a new steering knuckle, wheel bearing, and wheel hub in addition to the shield.

Even if they have an inexpensive shield they will need to remove the wheel hub (therefore destroying the wheel bearing) in order to install the shield!

Also check partslocator.com

So how did it break off?
I think your spot on...the problem isn't replacing the shield, it's replacing it without removing the hub.

You have make a small cut in the thinnest part of the shield, peel it off, and peel it back on, then give it a little weld...good as new.

·
Registered
'93 Camry V6 LE
328 Posts
It is $420 from Toyota, I need both for my '93. I couldn't find them aftermarket either. I removed the park brake shoes and hardware and put the wheels back on and presto!.... Fixed!

·
I wrench, therefore I am!
1,627 Posts
You didn't spec year or front/rear. The price I gave was front. However, rear list is appx. $280 (IIRC), which means [email protected] will sell to you for less than $200 per side.

·
Registered
552 Posts
WOW! This is not good news, I've been holding off on changing my rear brakes over to disk, and all I need now is the backing plates.

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
Snap some piccies of it and post them up... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts