Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has put a v6 out of a camary in a corolla. I know for a while it was big to take grand am motors and put them in cavaliers. Didn’t know if anyone was doing the same with the camary and corolla?

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Youtube it and you may find something. Here? I doubt you will find much as I have not seen anything recent about it. If you want to do it, you better have time, money, skills, resources, and contacts to do it. If not, don't waste your time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw some videos on YouTube, but they were older models. Was a little surprised there wasn’t more out there.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
I saw some videos on YouTube, but they were older models. Was a little surprised there wasn’t more out there.
Demand is "low". Only a few people will really be looking for these and the other few people already did them and probably did not post them publicly. I feel that if you want to do something different with your vehicle you would've already done it as you would've already had most of the time, money, skills, contacts, and resources to do it and not need the assistance of a forum.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has put a v6 out of a camary in a corolla.
I have yet to see that in an 11th gen. As other have mentioned, you’ll find some on YouTube but those are older versions, used as beater/hobby cars.

Mind you, there was once a V6 280 hp Corolla (Blade Master-G)... in Japan (where Corolla isn’t marketed in the econobox category like here, as their mass-market is more toward small and high efficiency cars like the Aqua [Prius C here]).

Right now, they also have a Yaris GRMN (209 hp from our 2ZR engine + supercharger). And there is rumor of a Corolla GRMN… but like the Blade, it might not be for North America.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just figured with these cars being so dang slow people would have tried it. Is there any other way to get these things to move without dumpin a built engine?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I just figured with these cars being so dang slow people would have tried it. Is there any other way to get these things to move without dumpin a built engine?
Most Corolla buyers are actually OK with this, especially for day to day commuting. That's the market for it. Otherwise they buy something else. I can see some going turbo, CAI, ECU tuning and what not but not many buying a "slow" new car just to change the engine (and possibly other components from transmission to suspension and brakes) to match the new power. They'll simply go for the real thing !

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,328 Posts
The easiest way is to turbocharge your Corolla like I did mine. You can really dial in the amount of power you want. I didn't want to get into the engine and after a lot of research the safe limit with the 2ZR-FE was around 275 -300 HP at the crank. Mine is tuned to 8.6 psi and I get 230 HP at the crank. It's a blast to drive and it pulls very hard.

·
Diehard Rams Fan
20,328 Posts
Supercharged, what brand turbo you go with? Was it a kit or piece together?
It has a custom spec'd T28 turbocharger. It's the kit that Turbokits designed for the 2ZR-FE in the 10th Gen Corolla. It can also be used in the 11th Gen Corolla but the intercooler piping just needs to be adapted to fit the long nose of the 11th Gen Corolla. It's a very well built kit and the quality is top-notch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts