Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we bought a 2013 SE with the V6 four years ago this month. We purchased it with 16,xxx miles and now she just rolled 105k. Services all done on time, not a single issue with the car. I’ve been wondering what the life expectancy is on the V6s. I know the I4s last FOREVER and this one has a lot of life left in it but not sure how much. I also know it’s a crap shoot to guess. We have been contemplating buying a new 2019 4cyl and selling this to a family member while it still has a lot of life left. We both really like the new ones but also love the V6 power we have. I can pick up a new SE for 22k and change but would be a 4cyl. I Don’t fancy the idea of dropping mid 30s for a few more options and V6.

The idea is over the next 4-5 years really hammer the miles on this car or a new camry and leave my truck home a lot to keep miles off of it. We tend to drive a lot as a family.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
Do your regular maintenance and it will run as long as it is wiling to give you.
  • Spark plugs
  • Oil
  • ATF
  • Serpentine Belt
  • Coolant
  • Power Steering Fluid
  • Brake Fluid
When it give s you real problems, you will know....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did notice last week a really loud chatter coming from what sound like the valve train. Oil was full and clean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts