Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been looking around on TN, Ebay, auto stores etc...and I found tons of Options for the gen4 camry i4...but almost NOTHING for the v6? What gives? Shouldnt there be the same or more options for the v6 as it has more hp?

Anyways what it comes down to is, i need to find performance springs for my v6, and i'd like to save as much money as possible. they will be installed by midas for 150 front/150 rear and they are throwing in KYB struts for free. I really dont want to lower my car much but just want better cornering etc. I was really going to get the Tein H Techs cos they lower it only an inch but only found that for the i4....:disappoin

TRD springs i would consider if someone could get me a real good price. toyota quoted me at 404.39 with tax. :eek: no way.

Thanks!

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
the 4banger springs fit the v6 as well.....and the thing is that from what I remember, specifically for eibachs, so I presume the same for hte other springs is that they don't make a distinguishment between the 4 and 6 springs for the gen4, unlike the gen3

but even if that isn't the case (because I'm not sure), the 4 banger springs will fit the v6, and you'll just get anoter half an inch lower in the front

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Call Me Evolution Racer
Lancer Evolution
609 Posts
S Techs and H Techs have slightly different spring rates. Figure out what you want before doing anything. The ride is certainly going to be different so make purchases based on what you want your outcome to be, not because of the name of the brand.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i basically just want a firmer ride than stock and not really lower my car too much. I still want a pretty comfy ride but want to be able to take corners and not feel like my car is gunna roll over or anything like that. And i already have new struts.

Cept if i let midas install i'll have way better struts...just man...300 bucks for install and KYBs...PLUS the etra cost of the springs...how lame.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
RedPhoenix said:
I thought gen 3 were interchangable, gen 4 was not?
they're all interchangeable- they still mount exactly the same- just they're physically shorter/longer in the gen3 cases

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have a set of H&R springs if you're interested. 1.4" front, 1.3" rear, 9000 miles or so on them. I took them out when I went to coilovers. I'm not in a rush to sell. Let me know if you want them.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yosh said:
I have a set of H&R springs if you're interested. 1.4" front, 1.3" rear, 9000 miles or so on them. I took them out when I went to coilovers. I'm not in a rush to sell. Let me know if you want them.
I am sort of interested. What's your asking price? And in your opinion how does the ride compare to stock?

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
eh...just got a response from the guy on ebay selling the tein springs...he said that those will not fit my camry....so what gives?

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well the price is a bit high. I seriously want something under 200 bucks. And the Tein springs would do it...just im hearing two different things from users and sellers. Users say springs are interchangable while two sellers tell me that the tein springs are only for i4's and will not fit my v6...

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ because they aren't made for your car, so they won't advertise or say that it can fit, because it may hold them liable

I used to have the v6 eibachs, but then after getting my lip, I was unhappy with my drop in the front, so I then bought a set of 4banger eibachs and installed the front - the backs are identical
- again, this is the gen3, but it should be the same for the gen4s, unless the strut mount designs are different between the 6s and the 4s

but for sure, you should then get aftermarket struts, or else you'll probably blow your stock struts soon enough

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well regardless if they are made specifically for my car or not, if they will fit and will function without breaking im all for it. And since im going to let midas install they are throwing in 4 new KYB struts so i dont think that'll be a problem, right?

·
Registered
451 Posts
nodrogkam said:
I am sort of interested. What's your asking price? And in your opinion how does the ride compare to stock?
The ride was good. I had them paired with the stock struts. Of course with stiffer springs the ride will be a bit more bumpy but it was far from unbearable. I am asking $75 + shipping.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
nodrogkam said:
Well regardless if they are made specifically for my car or not, if they will fit and will function without breaking im all for it. And since im going to let midas install they are throwing in 4 new KYB struts so i dont think that'll be a problem, right?

nope, they should be fine.

but that also depends on the kybs that they are throwing in though- are they stock replacements, or are they the kyb gr-2s?

·
Art In Motion
95 2Door Camry
310 Posts
nodrogkam said:
Thanks for all the responses. Anyone else?

So from what i gather even with those ebay auctions that say that the application is for i4, it can still be installed into a v6 with no mods etc? Just perhaps the results would be even lower because of the heavier engine?

For instance would these be fine for me? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TEIN-H-TECH-LOWERING-SPRINGS-TOYOTA-CAMRY-97-03-4CYL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33586QQitemZ8020700014QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
wait wait...were u talking about the springs being good for you or the two chinese girls? I mean the springs..sure but the girls..I dunno the one on the right looks kinda slutty...she might have some VD...I wouldent trust it personally....:whatwhat:

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eye8Pussies said:
nope, they should be fine.

but that also depends on the kybs that they are throwing in though- are they stock replacements, or are they the kyb gr-2s?

Ah well i dont know what exactly they are throwing in, but they even assured me that the struts they had put in before which is oe replacements wouldnt explode or anything even when lowered. I'm probably going to get yosh's springs if he is willing to sell to me.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Mayne Event said:
wait wait...were u talking about the springs being good for you or the two chinese girls? I mean the springs..sure but the girls..I dunno the one on the right looks kinda slutty...she might have some VD...I wouldent trust it personally....:whatwhat:
haha i guess i wasnt clear. Of course i meant the springs! haha, but nice to see you read between the lines.

Good to hear from so many individuals that the springs would work fine. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts