Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are chain driven cases any good ? I always hear about the 85 cases but not the v6 ones. Ive neaver heard anyone complain about the v6 ones though, mine has 250k on it and works fine...anyone ahve anything good or bad to say about the chain...besides it s chain of course. I have 2 85s, a long and a short bed, and a 93 v6 with a 4 inch lift...:)

·
Supafly
1991 toyota pickup
4,401 Posts
They hardly ever go bad. Most issues is the lack of aftermarket support in comparison to the gear driven t-cases.

Pretty sure you can get 4.7 gear kits tho.

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
..anyone ahve anything good or bad to say about the chain...besides it s chain of course. ...:)
Other than the chain itself, the biggest drawback is that you can not put one of the aftermarket gear kits in it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Right on guys, the chain in itself and no artermarket support. They seem to be dependable though. My 93 came with 4:56 gears in the rearend, and while it not the lowest it wheels pretty good, my 85s have 4:11s in them and dont crawl quite as well believe it or not. I thought of putting a straight axle under the 93 and a geared case..trail gear has an adapter plate....or I could twin case one of the 85s and that may be the best idea given how much street driving the 93 does, and it has a/c which I love when its 110 out here in the desert ! Thanks for the information guys ! :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts