Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Now with even more BOOST
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you know I was running twin turbos in my MR2 for a while. Well Brian over at www.mr2board.com was kind enough to host a video of my single turbo V6 widebody car ;)

The car is a work in progress so give me a break on the body work and wheels. This SW20 is being constructed along with a twin sleeper V6 at the www.mr2guru.com shop

45 megs!! Enjoy http://www.mr2board.com/files/members/node/STT.WMV

·
Now with even more BOOST
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may go to dyno day on the 30th. I have a 62-1 coming in for the car so I can throw some "real" boost at it again soon. Im headed to 20 psi on the new turbo once I get new fuel injectors and an upgraded pump. This thing was guzzling fuel with the twin turbos at 8 psi, Its even worse with the single supra CT on there. I cant immagine set at 20 psi. I bet I will get like 10 mpg.

BTW MR2crazy, I love your car so far esp the front! Us primer guys have to stick togeather bro LOL

·
Registered
118 Posts
OH MY GOD............................

I know what I want to do with the 10G I have saved up now.
Muuaahahahaha. Thanks for the idea.

·
Now with even more BOOST
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
todd0305 said:
OH MY GOD............................

I know what I want to do with the 10G I have saved up now.
Muuaahahahaha. Thanks for the idea.

When youre ready for a turbo manifold and custom cams, look me up.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I was thinking V6 for my swap, but that pretty much cements the decision for me. :)

That's a 5vz, right? I'm thinking 3vz, wonder how that will sound.

·
Now with even more BOOST
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup thats a 5VZ from a 4runner :) The engine is basically the same as the 3VZ-FE but with a larger bore and (OEM ECU) lower redline.

·
"The Mighty Gen3"
91 SW20
153 Posts
Whooey!!! That engine sounds so damn powerful and sweet to the eardrum!!! Hows the launch on that beast? After you do that dyno you should hit up the strip and get an ET. Let us all know and don't take too long, as we are already drooling over our oil stained MR2 shirts. Please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts