Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V6 Valve Covers leaking...

where do i start?? they are so bad that the engine is losing a quart every 2-3 days...it drips onto the ground in four spots the size of quarters...just after an hour of sitting!!!

i can buy the gaskets, thats not a big deal, and i can handle the front one, unfortunately, the one thats leakig the worst is the one thats against the firewall...how should i go about this???

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
its not that bad, it was the first thing i did when i got my car, remove the intake pleanum and put it off to the side, then you have pretty easy access to the valve cover (change your spark plugs while you're there)

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah...i think its pretty easy, every car i have done them on was easy...except the 2000 CSVT i did them on not long ago...holy craP!!!! that motor is CRAMMED in that bay.

but im pretty sure thats what it is...but i cant tell for sure, there is so much oil everywhere...

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
actually i've been reusing mine i just spray it with copper coating and it seals fine. there are also a few 10mm bolts that needs to be removed aswell as the egr valve

·
Its freakin hot here...
2002 Ford ZX-2
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wait a second...you are telling me a Valve cover gasket is $75 dollars...at autozone???????? the last valve cover gasket i replaced cost me 12 dollars and some change...:eek:

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
if you're careful you should be able to reuse the pleanum-intake manifold gasket, it dosen't see much abuse

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
^^^ and its metal anyway, so yeah it should be fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts